Quantcast

My weekend with stinkyboy!!!!!!!!!

gonefirefightin

free wieners
So I was heading to phoenix to do the soldier ride like I do every month around the states. this month was from phoenix to vegas and ending in interbike so we can race at the crit finals.

hung out and rode with some of the evomo pro guys on the XC team and then left to hang with the stinkmiester.

we started out the day about 10 am on sunday and decided to go to his LBS to get his single speed fixed. I rode the 19 miles from mesa to his place and I helped him with his brakes at his "stabbin cabin" then rode out to the "slippery pig" bike shop.

soon as i walked in some wrench behind the counter was yawing and falling asleep on a bike on the stand and had advised him he needed something more. stinky laughed and kept heckling the rest of the staff.

we were riding back to the "wack shack" (his pad) and decided to get some drinks and a bite to eat. we stopped at one of his local hangouts (some english pub) so we ordered some drinks. apparently we have the same taste in booze, (double bacardi and coke) and i ordered a shepards pie.

by the time our first drinks were finished we decided that doubles werent enough. bring on the triples.

my shepards pie showed up and it was awsome. real shepards pie made in a single serving crock with all the right ingredients and bakes in the dish. stinkers seemed to thing it resembled a cheese covered fetus.

we had several more drinks and then rolled down the street to a transient littered AM/PM and got some tobbacco and then rolled down to his local grocery spot.

it was amazing to see a guy who never eats when he drinks, it seems he can draw nutrients from booze to sustain him. I asked him for his secrets but he would divulge this to me.

on the way to his pad from the booze shop he took a hard swerve to the right and vanished for a sec but i then found him

in true stinkyboy fashion he marked his territory and we moved on.

we got back to his place and I started to work on his bottom bracket while another monkey stopped over while we were listening to nuerosis and slamming back the bottle.

I was pretty toasted at this point and judging by stinks computer coordination skills i could tell he was slammed as well. after several laughs and bike parts on the floor I had to ride 19 miles across the 103 degree streets back to get my stuff to check into my hotel.

I had told him i was going to call later for some more drinking and partying but he never awoke untill around midnight I believe.

so the next day after getting the bikes ready for the other riders and drinking all day I invited him over to the after hours BBQ and drink fest we put on everynight.

he shows up on his dual drive and a flask in hand (true stink style) and we start to drinking.

I was able to get some friends of mine to show up with some more booze and then the party really started. she owns a bar in town and went into her storage room and brought a full cart of hard booze and brought it through the hotel doors.

the party then proceeded out to the pool were a whole bunch of my wounded veteran brothers started to party in a true military style. we got no leg joe in the pool and started tossing him around like a child since he weighs nothing.

just for your info, joe lost both of his legs in iraq to a roadside bomb in 2006. this was the caliber of men I was able to introduce to the stinkmaster.

long story short. we got the girls so drunk they puked and the booze was all gone before midnight.

not sure if stinkyboy is going to be at work in the morning but I will be wide awake at 0600 hours for the kick off ride to vegas from phoenix.

good times fer sher

thanks stink, your welcome at my fire anytime

side note, he still doesnt believe my hot ass girlfriend teaches pole dancing classes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
+ 1million rep's

Awesome post! Probably one of the best on the interweb.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If I ever come to AZ, can I throw your friend too? That looks like a ton of fun on both sides of the toss, especially drunk.

Awesome post :clapping:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Awesome!
I hope one of you guys bedded down with no legged joe and that middle-right blonde.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Thanks for inviting me stinkfest!!!! rat bastard.... at least you didn't take him on any escalators.

And gonefirefightin - bring your GF next time so she and my wife can hang out and your GF can show my wife some stuff....

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Damn dude, I shoulda called ya! GFF's even crazier than me...

I figured you were off galavanting in Whistler ya bastard. :jealous: :biggrin:
Actually... I was :weee: Sorry.

You still need to stop by to part shop for Santa bike before I have a yardsale... name your poison and I'll have it ready!!!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
You still need to stop by to part shop for Santa bike before I have a yardsale... name your poison and I'll have it ready!!!
Maybe this weekend if you're around? I need to get my ass back on that donation action and stop having so much fun on the weekends. :biggrin:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I would have gone out to your hell hole to party with you all if Loco and Slugman were gonna be there.

Y'all are just going to have to come out to so cal. :cheers: Your weird man nipples and pink phone are welcome here, Loco. Leave the weird cowboy shirs with the pearl buttons at home. :) Actually in this town those shirts would fit right in.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Called Brett(gonefirefightin) from the bar tonight to hook my homeboy up with some mechanic work. Turns out they were at the same joint and he is hooking him up.

Long story short - GFF is frickin' awesome!!!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Called Brett(gonefirefightin) from the bar tonight to hook my homeboy up with some mechanic work. Turns out they were at the same joint and he is hooking him up.

He's an awesome wrench. With a belly full of rum and a full day of riding in the AZ sun under his belt, he still figured out what 3 LBS wrenches could not on my Surly.

Your homeboy better be financing his drinks tonight.

gonefirefightin

free wieners

I got your boy hooked and and made sure his bike got assembled, he doesnt drink though, not sure i will be hanging out with him too much, lol

had a gnarly crash 30 deep in the crit finals today, got jacked up. going out drinking,

will post more tomorrow

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I finally grabbed the pix from my camera. Here's the only RM safe one... :biggrin:

Thanks again for the wrench work GFF!

Looking forward to the debauchery photos from Vegas!