Quantcast

My Whistler experience

Cable_Guy

Chimp
Mar 12, 2003
So there i was. I fainlly made it to the holy ground that was whistler. Oh boy what an adventure. All the runs i made felt like a was just floating amung
the clouds. It was great, Until about 3:30 that day. I was just moseying down the slopestyle course. I'd been on it a few times earlier that day. I came around a corner with way too much speed and overcleared the next jump by a lot. I landed at the bottom of the landing. As a result i now have a broken collar bone, and am out for at least 2 months. I can't wait to get back up there though and tame that beast. It was so fun. I just wish i would have broken it and hour later so my lift ticket would have almost been expired.

So now that i can't do much biking. If anyone wants a ride to the top of Rat Pac just let me know i can't do much else.

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
i crashed on the first table top on a-line a couple months ago. i didn't break any bones but i couldn't ride for about 3 weeks afterwards. those 2 table tops on a-line are taking out a lot of people this year.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
crash13 said:
i crashed on the first table top on a-line a couple months ago. i didn't break any bones but i couldn't ride for about 3 weeks afterwards. those 2 table tops on a-line are taking out a lot of people this year.
Which two are you talking about?

Tacoma Lad

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
tacoma wa
way to be, I know your pain broke my left clavical on the a-line drop 2 years ago. hope you heal up and you dont need any surgery like I did. Just go back and hit it up again when your back in the saddle

Cable_Guy

Chimp
Mar 12, 2003
The doctor said i should have full movement back, but it's gonna be a pain in the ass for about a month.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Cable_Guy said:
The doctor said i should have full movement back, but it's gonna be a pain in the ass for about a month.

I think you need to get a new doctor. You broke your collar bone, why would your ass be in pain?

Sorry

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
2 months is about right for heal time, since I just went through your same scenerio. That sucks all the PNW people are getting hurt. Maybe it's too much time on the computer and not enough time on the bikes! :D

Hope you get better fast! Keep those shoulders back! :thumb:

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
Cable_Guy said:
As a result i now have a broken collar bone, and am out for at least 2 months. If anyone wants a ride to the top of Rat Pac just let me know i can't do much else.
That sucks. But at least you can think about Whistler.

Let me know when your running up to the top of Rat. I'll cruise over and hook a ride with you.. BTW I still have a Video of Rat Pac for you.. :cool:

Get well soon, but don't rush it...

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Hehehehe
bibs is funny

Yeah. Whistler is beautiful.
Seriously though, they rebuilt a-line and dirt merchant early august. It's beautiful.

CRAPpapple hits?

Clownshoes is crazy fun.
Crack addict is terrible.
Garbanzo is boring.
Schleyer is best.
Joyride rocks.

The last table on a-line is unsafe.
It is tooooo short.

some kid form Connecticut crushed his upper ankle landing flat ten feet out.
It's his fault for doing a one-footer though.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
the 3rd to last table is also too short, it has a long landing but I am always landing toward the bottom half, I over rotated last time I was there and almost went over the bars, I layed it over to the right so I would go over.

joelsman said:
the 3rd to last table is also too short, it has a long landing but I am always landing toward the bottom half, I over rotated last time I was there and almost went over the bars, I layed it over to the right so I would go over.
which table are you guys talking about?...The very last A-line table, next hornet...is the best hip EVER!! its fun!..but is that the one you are talking aboot' eh'? :D