Quantcast

My wife has no culture.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
We just went to see I am Legend, and when it was over, she said something about Will Smith's rap career being a side job.

WHAT?!?

She had never heard of DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince! She thought the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" in West Philidelphia was all just a TV show thing.

Jeez! Where did I find this woman?!

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal

Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And Id like to take a minute just sit right there
Ill tell you how I became the prince of a town called bel-air

In west philadelfia born and raised
On the playground where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys said were up in no good
Started making trouble in my neighbourhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
And said youre moving with your aunte and uncle in bel-air

(only the first three episodes of season one)

I begged and pleaded with her the other day
But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way
She gave me a kissin and she gave me my ticket
I put my walkman on and said I might aswell kick it

First class, yo this is bad,
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass
Is this what the people of bel-air livin like,
Hmm this might be alright!

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
Licensplate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabby yo, home smell you later
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
What ever happened to Jazzy Jeff anyway? Will dump him when he found the female Lenny Kravitz?

Per Wikipedia:

On July 2, 2005, DJ Jazzy Jeff performed with Will Smith at the Live 8 concert in Philadelphia. In the past, Will has performed on concerts with DJ Jazzy Jeff for the scratches. Moreover, Will acknowledges him in his music like "Comin' To The Stage" from the album Lost & Found or "Potnas" in his album Willennium.

His 2007 release TROTM (The Return of the Magnificent) is a classic work which returns to the roots of hip-hop with a neo-soul mixture included. This album featured numerous collaborations with old school and new school artists including Big Daddy Kane, Pos from De La Soul, Method Man, Peedi Crack (a remake of Brand New Funk), Rhymefest, and Raheem DeVaughn.

In 2007, he appeared with Rhymefest in the video DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Fest directed by Konee Rok, in which he makes music in his home recording studio with Rhymefest and they reveal that they are working on an album together called "I'm the DJ, I'm the Rapper".

Solo work as DJ Jazzy Jeff

* Unreleased Album Sony Records (1998)
* One cut in Battle of DJs
* The Magnificent (2002)
* "Soulheaven Presents Jazzy Jeff In the House" (2004)
* "The Soul Mixtape" Groovin' Records USA (2005)
* "Hip-Hop Forever II" Rapster Records (2004)
* Hip-Hop Forever III BBE Records (2006)
* The Return Of The Magnificent EP (2007)
* The Return of the Magnificent (2007)
* The Return of Hip Hop EP (2007)

[edit] As DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince

* Rock the House (1987) #83 US
* He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper (1988) #4 US
* And in this Corner... (1989) #39 US
* Homebase (1991) #12 US
* Code Red (1993) #64 US
* Greatest Hits (1998) (including material from Will Smith's solo career) #144 US, #20 UK
* Before The Willennium (1999) (?)
* The Very Best of D.J. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince (2006)

[edit] Miscellaneous

* 1991 - Deep Deep Trouble with Bart Simpson and the remixes; from The Simpsons Sing the Blues
* 1998 - "When To Stand Up" featuring Eminem
* 2004 - Mirrorball (DJ Jazzy Jeff Full Sole Remix) by Everything But The Girl; from Adapt or Die: 10 Years of Remixes
* 2005 - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone (DJ Jazzy Jeff & Pete Kuzma Solefull Mix) by the Temptations; from Motown Remixed.
* 2005 - Lost & Found by Will Smith; produced intro song Here He Comes and several DJ scratches on several tracks
* 2005 - The Mintrel Show by Little Brother; Scratches on the song Watch Me.
* 2006 - Feel It (Jazzy Jeff Soulful Remix) by the Black Eyed Peas; from Renegotiations: The Remixes
* 2006 - Night in Tunisia (DJ Jazzy Jeff Remix) by Duke Jordan
* 2007 - Ear Drum by Talib Kweli; Scratches on song NY Weather Report.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
It's funny, Carlton actually has a career after the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. I went to see a broadway show called Golden Boy, and he was the main character. And he did a damn good job too! We had a Q/A with him afterwards, and I REALLY wanted to ask him to do "The Carlton"!

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Sit her down and play the entire homebase album. With emphasis on "summer time" and "You saw my blinker" Then lock your tv on nick a nite for her to watch Fresh Prince. Then make up a ridiculous hand shake.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
It's funny, Carlton actually has a career after the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. I went to see a broadway show called Golden Boy, and he was the main character. And he did a damn good job too! We had a Q/A with him afterwards, and I REALLY wanted to ask him to do "The Carlton"!
Doesnt he also race shifter carts now?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
"Culture" may not be the most appropriate term...

I think the word you were looking for is "Flavah"

:biggrin:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Now, consider the starter of this post...then, figure, how much class can the poor poor poor girl have.

NOW,

Factor in nice, charming and good looking young lady, and we can only surmise, it was not a lack of class, but a marriage under duress!

:p

:rofl:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Now, consider the starter of this post...then, figure, how much class can the poor poor poor girl have.

NOW,

Factor in nice, charming and good looking young lady, and we can only surmise, it was not a lack of class, but a marriage under duress!

:rofl:
You better watch yourself buddy..... Just remember, I know more about hydraulic brakes than you do.

It is possible for your brakes to feel great at the beginning of a run, but halfway down STP road after the high speed section, don't come looking at me if there is no fluid left in your reservoir when you go to make that sharp left turn at the bottom.......

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was working up in Simi Valley and had to drop my boss off at LAX. On the way back to my hotel I had to piss really bad but couldn't find a place with a bathroom in time. I just pulled off the highway and pissed on a sign on the side of the road. It was dark and I couldn't tell what the sign was until I did a U-turn. It was the "Welcome to Bel-Aire" sign. It made me chuckle.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
OK, but remember, I will NOT share any tubes with you either! So there!

:D

That could be a moot point if we can't get into your Jeep....

I was working up in Simi Valley and had to drop my boss off at LAX. On the way back to my hotel I had to piss really bad but couldn't find a place with a bathroom in time. I just pulled off the highway and pissed on a sign on the side of the road. It was dark and I couldn't tell what the sign was until I did a U-turn. It was the "Welcome to Bel-Aire" sign. It made me chuckle.

Nice!