Quantcast

My wife is cool...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So after having long hair for most of her life, my wife decided awhile back, in line with our impending move and her giving spirit, to chop her hair and donate it to Locks of Love. Like any woman(!) she was nervous about her new short 'do. Having worn a buzz for many years now, I was middling concerned :D.

2 hours and 9 inches later, she looks great (I mean that!), and Locks of Love has some new hair for someone who needs it. Kudos to my wife, both for putting up with me (Must be where the grey came from...) and for trying to make a small corner of the world a better place! :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i donated 20 inches at lunch when i got rid of my haystack.

the people i worked with were freaked out when i returned.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I donated mine in 2008. 12 of pretty, pretty princess hair, complete with Unicorn cum glitter to make it soft and shiny.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Update...wife is still cool, but we are hanging out with her family now. I forgot how obnoxious they are, and how weird she gets around them. She totally regresses into a self concious 14 year old persona around them. Now they dont like her short 'do, and she is determined to grow it back. WTF, over?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Call her family out on it. Ask them when the last time they spent the time and effort necessary to grow long hair to give away to charity for those more needy.

I'd add the extra bite of a comment on someone's personal physical traits (of course to someone who can take it). I prefer some thing along the line of "Those pants make your ass look larger than normal, you should go back to the old ones you used to wear". It's blunt and mean as hell and surely won't win you any points, but sometimes it needs to be done.

My Wifey's family is just as critical of her for no reason and after I did something of that sort a few years back the comments stopped. Nobody liked me for a while and are still very conscious of how/what they say that can be insulting, but it's helped Wifey's confidence around the family.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
My ex's family was like that, even going so far as to accuse her of being a prostitute because we'd sleep at my family's house when they would buy us plane tickets home during grad school.

Finally they won out. They didn't like me, and after enough time, they got it in her head to leave. I hate them, and I hope they die from being raped by a brahma bull.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My ex's family was like that, even going so far as to accuse her of being a prostitute because we'd sleep at my family's house when they would buy us plane tickets home during grad school.

Finally they won out. They didn't like me, and after enough time, they got it in her head to leave. I hate them, and I hope they die from being raped by a brahma bull.
so they were right? i seem to recall you saying that she caught town bike syndrome while she was deployed