Quantcast

My wife just left for China today..............

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I miss her already, she'll be gone for 10 days, 7 in China for work, then 3 in Vietnam for a mini vacation. I'll be doing some serious Mr. Momming for the next week in a half:eek: :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
you should have put the kids w/ yrs or her parents and joined her in viet nam. i've seen some pictures from some irish guys i worked w/ who went there, and it was amazingly beautiful.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
narlus said:
you should have put the kids w/ yrs or her parents and joined her in viet nam. i've seen some pictures from some irish guys i worked w/ who went there, and it was amazingly beautiful.
I almost went to China with her a few years back. However she wanted to bring out son who was 3 at the time (too young to have any chance of a good time) Plus it was like $5K for round trip business class seats. Thats where Julie usally sits and there is no way in hell I would sit in coach for 16 hours straight. Chevron pays for her seats so its fine for her.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Brian HCM#1 said:
I almost went to China with her a few years back. However she wanted to bring out son who was 3 at the time (too young to have any chance of a good time) Plus it was like $5K for round trip business class seats. Thats where Julie usally sits and there is no way in hell I would sit in coach for 16 hours straight. Chevron pays for her seats so its fine for her.
business class to china now will be tad more than 5K i'd think. it costs more than that to fly business class to london or dublin, usually.

longest flight of my life was LA to Sydney (and that didn't count the Boston -> LA leg, or Sydney -> Auckland leg). :dead:

however, seeing the sunrise from the plane was pretty neat.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
narlus said:
business class to china now will be tad more than 5K i'd think. it costs more than that to fly business class to london or dublin, usually.

longest flight of my life was LA to Sydney (and that didn't count the Boston -> LA leg, or Sydney -> Auckland leg). :dead:

It's definatly a place I want to see, but since we're trying to find a new house I don't wanna spend that kinda $ on a vacation right now.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
narlus said:

Actually China Southern has pretty decent fares (about half of other airlines business class) for what they call premium economy, which is basically business class. Their business class is first class. The service and amenities were every bit business class. Brand new 777s. That was from LA to Guangzhou. That was in June.

China rocks. Can't wait to go back. Tell your wife we are sorry but we brought the best part of China home with us....

China's Best

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Business class from Austin to Tokyo, then Tokyo to HK, then HK to Seoul and back to Austin was about $5K, so BC to Beijing should be in the $2500-3000 range tops.

Europe can be as cheap as $1800 if you play your cards right.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Brian HCM#1 said:
no way in hell I would sit in coach for 16 hours straight.
A friend of mine had a 16 hour train ride in China. About three rungs below what coach would be.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Austin Bike said:
Business class from Austin to Tokyo, then Tokyo to HK, then HK to Seoul and back to Austin was about $5K, so BC to Beijing should be in the $2500-3000 range tops.

She is flying into Hong Kong.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Austin Bike said:

Europe for $1800? Because you can find cheaper fares...a lot cheaper.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Brian HCM#1 said:
I took some sleeping pills when I flew one time to Jamaica, I was an awake zombie :dead: It sucked :think:
Anything shorter than 8 hours ya probably don't need it. I'll be definitely taking something when I go to London in April. The only alternative is to hit the bottle which is not the best thing when flying.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
valve bouncer said:
Anything shorter than 8 hours ya probably don't need it. I'll be definitely taking something when I go to London in April. The only alternative is to hit the bottle which is not the best thing when flying.
I hate flying and it was a redeye.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Brian HCM#1 said:
She is flying into Hong Kong.
Neat :). I haven't been to either place, though my dad was in HK for business and said it was great for everything but the food (he's not very willing to experiment beyond his American diet ;) ).

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
MMike said:
Will she have, Chickety China the chinese chicken? You have a drumstick and your brain starts tickin'......
Nice way to throw in a BNL reference, Mike.

I get both kids all by myself from Friday at noon through Sunday night. There will be no riding, no partying and no visits to the Cluckin' Bell or Burger Shot until they go to bed at 8:30 pm. I couldn't possibly swing as long as Brian's gonna have to cope! :eek:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
llkoolkeg said:
Nice way to throw in a BNL reference, Mike.

I get both kids all by myself from Friday at noon through Sunday night. There will be no riding, no partying and no visits to the Cluckin' Bell or Burger Shot until they go to bed at 8:30 pm. I couldn't possibly swing as long as Brian's gonna have to cope! :eek:
Then she's leaving for Nashville for a week in May for a convention. She asked me if I wanted to show up part way during the week, but I have no desire to see the Grand ole Oprie(sp) or Graceland. Would have been an opertunity to be alone with her, well kind of, she has to work the convention durning the days. I've been to a few.......... Disney World and Hawaii.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Brian HCM#1 said:
I miss her already, she'll be gone for 10 days, 7 in China for work, then 3 in Vietnam for a mini vacation. I'll be doing some serious Mr. Momming for the next week in a half:eek: :D

Oh Gawd... Call child protective services.

"Frankly homer, we like your half-azz under parenting better than your feeble over-parenting."

;)

Any word on the hopes?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Nashville's not that bad a place, really. i went to a friend's wedding there a few years ago. i would have gone to memphis, but oh well.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
DRB said:
Actually China Southern has pretty decent fares (about half of other airlines business class) for what they call premium economy, which is basically business class. Their business class is first class. The service and amenities were every bit business class. Brand new 777s. That was from LA to Guangzhou. That was in June.

China rocks. Can't wait to go back. Tell your wife we are sorry but we brought the best part of China home with us....

China's Best
That is awesome Donald. I did not know anything about that. I had to send that pic to my wife. I don't trust her around cute asian kids, because she always looks like she is about to steal one. :)
Late congratulations!!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
narlus said:
you know, it's not a bad thing to leave norcal every now and again.
I love to travel, however if I need to spend $ on it, its not my first choice in destination. However if someone can prove theres good riding there I may change my mind.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Brian HCM#1 said:
I love to travel, however if I need to spend $ on it, its not my first choice in destination. However if someone can prove theres good riding there I may change my mind.
well i suppose you'd have to pay for the ticket, but the lodging is taken care of, and maybe rental car too? use some of yr wife's frequent flyer miles and get a ticket.

i was only in nashville for a couple of days, but i'm sure you can find some interesting stuff to do in and around the area.