Quantcast

My Wisp report!

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Went up to Wisp for the first time of the year. Just though i would post my comments on the trails, riding, etc. for this year.

They threw up a little drop park down in the parking lot area. 2 footer, 4 footer, 6 footer, and a teeter. They are ok. The 6 footer is too big for the steepness of the tranny it lands to though. It would hurt like a bitch. They also threw up a couple ladder bridges near the parking lot area over some rocks. They are pretty boring and unfun. I guess at least they are trying though?

The lift is still a 15 minute ride to the top. Like usual...

First thing i noticed is that trails were actually marked. They have little signs with the typical blue square, black diamond or double diamond. So that was a big plus. First run down was the DH track. That was the trail with the most work on it. The beginning section they threw in a table top that is pretty cool. Right into two new berms which DEFINITElY add to that trail. From there it is no different almost the whole way down. Did a little work to that table half way through. Not much. They fixed up the step up at the bottom. It is even more fun that before. Those two little kickers are still at the end too. Still fun. Also...at the very beginning of the Dh course...they attempted to put a run in to that rock drop that im sure lots of you have seen from the lift. The take off is awful...i guess you might be able to clear it to the tranny...maybe.

Next few runs down head over to the left side of the mountain...if you are looking down from the lift.

They actually did some trail cutting over there....GOOD trail cutting. Super fast, super smooth, super flowy trails....or maybe just trail.

I talked to a guy that was kinda running the whole FR/DH scene there. Says they are getting in dirt for a mountain cross course sometime in the next week. The mountain cross course is going to go just to the right of where the halfpipe is in the winter. And i am talking to the right of the chair lift if you are riding up it. He said they are giong to move the ladder drops up there as well.

But for the most part the day was fun as hell. Trails havent changed much since last year but it seems like Wisp is actually trying this year. Its definitely worth the trip if you cant make it all the way to Snowshoe. And at only $25 for an all day ride pass its not too bad.

Hope that will give you guys an idea of what is up at Wisp this year!

Also, if you have any questions about anything there just post it up here and i will try to answer them.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
one thing i hated about Wisp was the chair-lift hooks for the bikes - you hang the bike by the rear wheel. That setup tears up the paint really bad near the dropout area at the rear wheel.

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
No problem on the review.

And i agree. The tire hooks are really stupid. They scratch up the rear triangle on the bike big time. Seems like it would be a lot easier...to just set them on the lift and hook them down like Snowshoe.