Quantcast

My Xmas present to me

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've unboxed it, and only played around for a few minutes with it. I like the wired/wireless remote/timer/interval control. Not something I would have found on my own, but neat none the same.
Geez, that's big bucks. Doesn't the 60D have an intervalometer built in anyway?

I picked up a Phottix something-or-other on eBay for $30 that does wireless. The intervalometer is built into my D300, so the remote doesn't have to do it.

Enjoy the new camera, though!

My girlfriend bought me a Bluetooth GPS attachment plus a GPS receiver. Definitely a cool combo - the attachment on the camera is minimal (not quite as small as the Unleashed, but very close) and the Bluetooth attachment can then be stored in a backpack or something. For long trips, I think I'll pick up a battery pack with a USB output and just leave it attached to the GPS receiver.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
I bought the package from B&H. It was the only one with a grip. They were out of body only kits, so getting the lens was no biggie. I'm going to play with the lens for a while, and if I'm not ecstatic with it, I'll just ebay it.

I don't know if the 60D has an intervalometer built in, I'll have to read the manual. I may play with the video feature, but I don't think I'll use it on a regular basis.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I have the same intervalometer, but the wired version. REALLY nice 3rd party stuff right there. Didn't see the wireless one, but at twice the price, I probably would have skipped it anyways as I'm a cheap bastard.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
I can use that wired or wireless. BigT can also use it with her camera. If I get a different camera, all I need is a different cord to connect it to the camera.

Wired, I can connect the connection cord directly between the hand held unit and the camera. For wireless, the cord goes between the receiver and the camera.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I can use that wired or wireless. BigT can also use it with her camera. If I get a different camera, all I need is a different cord to connect it to the camera.

Wired, I can connect the connection cord directly between the hand held unit and the camera. For wireless, the cord goes between the receiver and the camera.
Ya I checked it out on BH. Cool idea, better than having to buy 2 for 2 different bodies if they need different plugs. Using the intervalometer a bunch lately for kicks over the winter.