Quantcast

Myles Rockwell busted for growing pot

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
My personal opnion is that if you do any drugs, your just a dumba$$ anyways (this includes alcohol).

But personal opinion aside, I think ALL drugs should be legalized.

Darwin would work quickly, and "weed" out the weak.

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
Originally posted by Damn True
Hmm so I'm somehow less of a mountain biker because I don't agree with you? Or because I don't smoke dope?
No, it's just that you don't epitomize the freethinking sort that typify the dedicated participants of this sport.

The reason you are less of a mountain biker is that you obviously spend more time applying your righteous moral values to others than you do wondering aimlessly in the woods on two wheels.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Sideways
No, it's just that you don't epitomize the freethinking sort that typify the dedicated participants of this sport.

The reason you are less of a mountain biker is that you obviously spend more time applying your righteous moral values to others than you do wondering aimlessly in the woods on two wheels.
freethinking does not necessarily imply liberal.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut

How does smoking pot automatically make someone a free thinker? And how does not condoning pot smoking make someone not a freethinker? It doesn't equate in my book.

And how is it so obvious what Damn True does with his time??

Some of the crap that you post is just so way off.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt

what you think that all mtbers smoke and are a bunch of hippies...dreaming of a utopia free of judgement
that may be true for a small percentage but certainly not the majority most riders. i ride with alot of musicians and guys that like phish and guys that like cannible corpse... some of em toke others don't no big deal just don't get caught. this sport is demographically diverse.

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
yeah it sucks. they just busted 10 headshops in my town for carrying bongs and pipes. its bull**** really. i mean honestly, wouldnt all things go just fine if we all minded our own business. i mean were not hurting anyone, we are all well aware of what we are doing and its no big deal to us. so ya know i figure thoughs of us who wanna grow weed and smoke it so swhat. and 50 plants isnt really that much. thats personal use for some of us. and hey thoughs of you who dont like it dont do it. we are all just bitching back and fourth and every post says the same thing just worded diffrently.

Peace

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
guess what i'm burnin some sweet herbals as i read this and you guys are making me laugh . i say if the sun comes up each morning,its a good day to celebrate, and take part in some nature!!!! to each his own:cool:myles good luck,and enjoy the day. to all you non tokers i say loosen up!!! if you toke cool,if you don't cool,but don't dog those that do. its our thing:cool: :cool:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I think it's funny that all these fascists on this board are somehow involved with mountain biking.

It reminds me of a frat boy unwittingly walking into a gay bar to strike up a conversation about the moral outrage that is same-sex marriage.

That is one of the dumb-assier things I've read in a while.

I don't get the whole pot smoking thing. Life cannot be lived to its fullest just feeling "normal"?

I've tried it (more than once), but I just on't like how it makes me feel. I don't understand how anyone enjoysit. I don't like feeling incapacited.

I hope they make an example of Rockwell....

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
dude it affents everyone diffrently. i mean when you did mabey you were one of the many lazy stoners. but not all of us are. alot of us ride fine stoned. so i mean why should you care if we like to be stoned. if anything you would have more of a chance to win a race.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.

Marshall, I really treasure these exchanges. Mainly because you amuse me more and more each time. You are a walking, talking, living, breathing, issue of The Onion. You can never quite tell if it's satire or the ravings of a true lunatic.

At any rate, amusing none the less.

Anyone notice that "free-thinking" sorts only consider people who think exactly the way they do as "free thinking". Seems oxymoronic to me.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by MMike
That is one of the dumb-assier things I've read in a while.

I don't get the whole pot smoking thing. Life cannot be lived to its fullest just feeling "normal"?

I've tried it (more than once), but I just on't like how it makes me feel. I don't understand how anyone enjoysit. I don't like feeling incapacited.

Dag-gummit hell jus froze over agin!

You and I aren't so different Mike ;) how's that for scary?

(BTW, the sharks will beat the flames)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Anyone notice that "free-thinking" sorts only consider people who think exactly the way they do as "free thinking". Seems oxymoronic to me.
and that's damn true:thumb:

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
so what if im dumb abd cant spell. maybe i have a learning disability. or maybe i am just to stoned. but what ever the reason why do yall care if we smoke ourselves stupid. i mean seriously does it affect you? besides its way easier to do stuff stoned than it is to do it drunk. and as far as the free thinking some people are just even moredumb than me. but hey this whole post will just go on back and fourth when in the end we all have our own opinions and we all think were right.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
big e, i d like to award you with this weeks door prize award...

and yes, i toke.... i just got back from amsterdam 2 weeks ago... but your ramblings are pretty out there fella...

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Originally posted by DH Dad
Any truth to Shawn Palmer coming back?
I talked to him earlier this week and he couldn't understand where these roumors came from. He was way too busy. Harvesting time!

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by MMike

OK you don't like weed:nopity: I'm happy for you. We'll never agree on some aspects, that's fine. My problem is that he didn't kill(jason williams), rape(kobe), or steal money(enron, martha). He's got a familyand did alot for our sport "well he had a bunch of plants and that's illegal", whoopty damn doo. that's no reason for you to wish the worst for him and his family. I hope someone "makes an example" of your face and a fist someday. For now this will have to do:nuts:

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Originally posted by bibs
its just weed, I think hes still super bad ass! Hes the Jesse James of the mtb world now...hehehe :D

"have you ever rode a bike, have you ever rode a bike on WEED!?"
Are there invicible doors to a beautiful world the politicians don't tell us about? Do you mean the best of feelings can get better than how i experience them today?? nooo hwaaay...

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Originally posted by Toshi
freethinking does not necessarily imply liberal.
You mean radical...?!! Sadly in our world it's more common that it does... In general, not only in this matter.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by bibs

"have you ever rode a bike, have you ever rode a bike on WEED!?"
I do have to say when I did more trail riding it was more fun high. Night rides cruising through the woods was better. It was great, friends, riding, nobody else in the woods(that we could see)and a few rips, good harmless fun.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Originally posted by Damn True

By reading this thread its obvious that most people that don't like cannabis, without knowing enough facts about the subject, are judging and condemming people with the opposite opinion/EXPERIENCE to the worst of punishments when they get caught, and still have the cheekyness to call them selves free thinking!
You don't have to "get it" , the earth will keep rotating without anyone of us understanding anything about it, you don't even have to "feel it". All you have to do is do good things in your life, respect that we're all different and want the best for your fellow man.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by rockwool
All you have to do is do good things in your life, respect that we're all different and want the best for your fellow man.
Well put. :thumb: You think this was bad you should have seen the thing said in the lounge version. :eek: :confused: :angry: i'm ashamed to say i was a part of it:(

Trailhead

Chimp
Mar 5, 2002
Sacramento, CA
Originally posted by rockwool
Too bad your judging people you don't know and talk about things you don't know ENOUGH about but think you do, (that's shallow!), cause if you did you would have had a different view about cannabis. Even if you prefered not to smoke it.
You don't know anything about me, my views on, or my experience with weed to say I'm judging people just by saying "too bad he was busted". So shut the F up before you go mouthing off, dumbass.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by Trailhead
So shut the F up before you go mouthing off, dumbass.
:eek: easy rider. Maybe you should share your experience so people can understand. Just a thought, or you can tell me to go fuk myself and I'm fine with that too.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Originally posted by Trailhead
http://www.durangoherald.com/asp-bin/article_generation.asp?article_type=news&article_path=/news/04/news040513_11.htm

Too bad, I really liked the guy too. Looks like he had a pretty sophisticated setup. Can you imagine him on the cover of High Times?
Nowhere does it here say "too bad he was busted" to quote you from your post above. The sentence "Too bad, I really liked the guy too." is very ambivalent and can be seen as you were implying that its too bad he is into that kind of "****" and with your last sentence underlining that. To me you're a bit unclear and if i read you wrong, my bad.
I recomend the documentary "grass - the war on drugs" to everybody, for more information about the herb than "big brother" tells us about.

Trailhead

Chimp
Mar 5, 2002
Sacramento, CA
Originally posted by Lexx D
:eek: easy rider. Maybe you should share your experience so people can understand. Just a thought, or you can tell me to go fuk myself and I'm fine with that too.
No beef with you Lexx, just people who think they know me and my whole life story just by saying it's too bad he was busted.

I also don't feel I need to explain my "experience", but let's just say with the friends I hang out with and the company I keep I'm around it all the time. Even have friends who buy and use it medicinally. And I have no problem with it whatsoever.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
He's got a familyand did alot for our sport "well he had a bunch of plants and that's illegal", whoopty damn doo. that's no reason for you to wish the worst for him and his family. I hope someone "makes an example" of your face and a fist someday. For now this will have to do:nuts:
That makes it all the worse. What the hell was he thinking? Stupidity isn't agaist the law, but growing 52 plants is a lot more than "personal use" and he will get in trouble for it. Doing it casually is one thing, having a "forest" of plants is another, and having a family and cultivating a forest is yet another (even stupider) thing IMO...

Feb 27, 2004
NC

Easy Che. I think the peasants may be on to you, judging by their responses.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
I hope someone "makes an example" of your face and a fist someday. For now this will have to do:nuts:
Likely won't happen. Go fu.ck yourself.

Oh yeah....that's great that he has a family. That's beautiful. He's obviously the quintescential family man. Apparently getting high is more important than his kids. (I can't believe that half-wit reproduced).

"mommy? Why are they putting daddy in the police car?"

real nice. I hope they take his kids away from him too...

Evel Monkey

Monkey
Oct 28, 2003
PNW
<quote>Anyone notice that "free-thinking" sorts only consider people who think exactly the way they do as "free thinking". Seems oxymoronic to me.</quote> Damn True

True. It is very prominent in old hippy stronghold communities. I live near Olympia Wa., the hippy capitol of the NW. They are all "free thinkers", "true individuals", however, they all look alike, sound alike, dress alike, spout the same propaganda.

Yeah, true free thinkers :rolleyes: .

They're are just people who have fallen into a clique just like everyone else, just like me, and just like you.

edit: does it matter?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001

So then let's see.....Endless bikes, supports drug use. Drug supports terrorism ...ergo....uh-oh...sweet mother of god!!!!

ENDLESS BIKES IS SUPPLYING TRANSPORTATION TO AL QAIDA SLEEPER CELLS!!!!

I hope the FBI is monitoring this......

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
And for the record, I really could not care less about those who choose to indulge in da reefer. You enjoy? great. Do it at your peril.

But I now have two problems with this situation.

You get caught doing something you KNOW you aren't supposed to do, (whether you agree with the rule or not....we're living in a society here people), then don't complain when you get caught.

secondly, I had no idea he had kid(s). And his little agricultural project shows a complete lack of consideration for the welfare of his family. He could anyone growing "above average amounts" of weed in their home, have their kids' best interests at heart?

When you have kids, they come first. Not your weed.