Quantcast

Mystical Healing Monkies: I think I has flu.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Any fun herbal remedies to ease the suffering? If I lie down, it hurts...a lot. My insides. Pretty sure it's something flu in nature. Fever is 101 and I feel like I've been hit by a bus, which then backed over my face for good measure.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Get lots of sleep too. If this is just kicking in you could get some anti-viral medicine that will help it run the course faster.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I had something flu like that kept me in immense pain when I laid down. It was horrible, and I couldn't get comfortable, I could barely lay still. Hot baths helped a lot.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I had something flu like that kept me in immense pain when I laid down. It was horrible, and I couldn't get comfortable, I could barely lay still. Hot baths helped a lot.
Definitely what's happening here... I downed some Nyquil before bed last night and it held over until about 5 AM, then hell broke loose. Again. My lower back was in incredible pain...sitting up/standing is the only thing that doesn't hurt like a biatch.

Fever peaked yesterday at 103 before I took some ibuprofen and it returned to normal...Now it's back. :(

sigh.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Any fun herbal remedies to ease the suffering? If I lie down, it hurts...a lot. My insides. Pretty sure it's something flu in nature. Fever is 101 and I feel like I've been hit by a bus, which then backed over my face for good measure.

Sounds like what we just got over in Out house, I didnt read all the posts, but.....VitaminC Theraflu, and Zicam....... the C for energy, the thereflu to feel better, and the Zicam to get better faster, it really does work.

offsprung

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Rochester
i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say "airborne". i don't know if it will work on a flu, but i had a nasty cold and took 1 dose. the cold was gone the next day.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Definitely what's happening here... I downed some Nyquil before bed last night and it held over until about 5 AM, then hell broke loose. Again. My lower back was in incredible pain...sitting up/standing is the only thing that doesn't hurt like a biatch.

Fever peaked yesterday at 103 before I took some ibuprofen and it returned to normal...Now it's back. :(

sigh.
I had this exact thing last year. It only lasted about three days. I had to sit up (which helped a little) when all I really wanted to do was sleep. My fever peaked at 103.5 which was kind of scary. I stayed doped up on advil and fluids. I can't handle tamiflu so I just rode it out. Lots of fluids, lots of baths, lots of advil, and lots of stuff to help you sleep, whatever that may be, I stayed doped up on benadryl just to help me sleep.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.

sigh.
The Mormons have cursed you.

hokie77

Chimp
Dec 5, 2007
Virginia
Theraflu helps ease the suffering for me, makes you tired though so not before work. I stay sick from about late fall through early spring every year. Oh, and administer "herbals" for temporary relief of discomfort, stress, etc.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
You are dying. Better send me your bikes.

Theraflu helps ease the suffering for me, makes you tired though so not before work. I stay sick from about late fall through early spring every year. Oh, and administer "herbals" for temporary relief of discomfort, stress, etc.
If you're sick that long maybe you should see a doctor. Or start washing your hands.

hokie77

Chimp
Dec 5, 2007
Virginia
You are dying. Better send me your bikes.

If you're sick that long maybe you should see a doctor. Or start washing your hands.
Not a hygiene thing, probably more from insufficient sleep and mountain climate. I'm usually not completely under the weather, more of sniffles and sinuses all winter.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Is there anything stoppingg you from doing something crazy like, i dunno, going to the doctor?;)
My young bloke had the flu last week at Relenza seems to work pretty good for him.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Is there anything stoppingg you from doing something crazy like, i dunno, going to the doctor?;)
My young bloke had the flu last week at Relenza seems to work pretty good for him.
Eh, I seem to be getting over it. Going to the doctor on a Sunday would constitute expensive Insta-care type places.

Laura's right, it's brutal and nasty, but doesn't last long.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Eh, I seem to be getting over it. Going to the doctor on a Sunday would constitute expensive Insta-care type places.

Laura's right, it's brutal and nasty, but doesn't last long.
I was sick for nearly 10 days, but the brunt of it was over in 3 or 4. I saw the doc twice, but that was from my falling down episode. Nothing was ever determined for me and I didn't get any antibiotics, not that I wanted any. Everyone else I know got them, but only got well a couple of days sooner. I still have a bit of a cough though.

I hope you feel better soon, brutha.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
If you send me a couple hundred bucks, I'll heal you. I can do it telepatically, but it takes a week or two. If you're not better after a couple weeks, I'll give you a refund.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
If you send me a couple hundred bucks, I'll heal you. I can do it telepatically, but it takes a week or two. If you're not better after a couple weeks, I'll give you a refund.
How can I lose?

I'll send you a cashier's check for $4000. Just wire me back the rest...

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County

sigh.
Fevers that high aren't normal for adults; they usually suggest a moderate-severe infection such as meningitis, pneumonia, etc. Antipyretics are a good therapy, but you really, really should go to a doctor...and get health insurance.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Fevers that high aren't normal for adults; they usually suggest a moderate-severe infection such as meningitis, pneumonia, etc. Antipyretics are a good therapy, but you really, really should go to a doctor...and get health insurance.
I seem to be on the mend, fever has been gone today (wasn't very high yesterday, maybe 100-101), I no longer feel like I've been hit by a bus, still coughy and sniffly and groggy though.

I have insurance, it just blows. I think they only cover half if I go to an Instacare type place.