Quantcast

N* Blowout this Saturday

Who's going to N* this Saturday for the final end of N* Blowout session?

I'll be there on a big green El Cuervo with a couple of other guys(one blue Intense, one blue Bullit).

Throw up the Monkey Gang sign if you see us! :thumb:

Cheers.

Rememeber, if there's anythign there you have not ridden yet for one reason or another, you better do it this weekend as it might just be the last time ever. :mumble:
 

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
2,129
0
SL, UT
Internal14 said:
Who's going to N* this Saturday for the final end of N* Blowout session?

I'll be there on a big green El Cuervo with a couple of other guys(one blue Intense, one blue Bullit).

Throw up the Monkey Gang sign if you see us! :thumb:

Cheers.

Rememeber, if there's anythign there you have not ridden yet for one reason or another, you better do it this weekend as it might just be the last time ever. :mumble:
what's the monkey gang sign?
 

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
8,083
18
Santa Cruz, CA
Is it something like this:



Or this:



(images provided by google image search "gang signs")

I am going up there on Sunday if anyone is going to be there. Look for the tall guy with the blue vp free and red/black/yellow full face.
 

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
1,507
0
south lake tahoe, ca
Internal14 said:
Who's going to N* this Saturday for the final end of N* Blowout session?

I'll be there on a big green El Cuervo with a couple of other guys(one blue Intense, one blue Bullit).

...
Throw up the Monkey Gang sign if you see us! :thumb:
QUOTE]

i'll be there on a red bullit with my 2 friends(green ironhorse, black azonic)

i'm thinking the gang sign would be an 'M' or something, right? pinky and thumb up... both thumbs touching and then inverted.

i'm hoping the bike shop goes even lower than 40% off this weekend. parts at 40% off isn't a bad deal at all though...
 

OGRipper

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2004
9,728
161
NORCAL is the hizzle
It's looking pretty good for me to make it up there for most of the day Saturday. I'll be on a black vp-free with a 888. Say howdy and I'll try to do the same.

Brian, I'll be looking out for ya, maybe we can do some slow runs together. It's been a while so I'll be the rusty ripper this weekend. :thumb:
 

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
31,291
21
Bay Area, California
OGRipper said:
Brian, I'll be looking out for ya, maybe we can do some slow runs together. It's been a while so I'll be the rusty ripper this weekend. :thumb:
Me? I'm done riding there for the season (forever?). last sat was my last weekend.
 

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
8,083
18
Santa Cruz, CA
Plans changed, going saturday now.

Trans Blue VP Free with Trans Red Links and Trans Blue Bach guard with Blue Derado DH's - Red/black/yellow helmet and black gear. One of a kind bike, look out for it. =]
 

OGRipper

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2004
9,728
161
NORCAL is the hizzle
Brian HCM#1 said:
Yep :thumb: Hopefully next year we'll ride there together.
Yeah for sure. Not sure what happened but this is actually going to be my first (and only) weekend up there this year. Did a bunch of riding in D-ville and around Tahoe, just never made it to the Star. Was up like 5 or 6 times last year, I dunno. Summer really flew by.
 

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
1,768
0
Pleasant Hill, CA
OGRipper said:
Summer really flew by.
No kidding!

I got over ten runs at d-ville and only spent two days at N*, but that was on my friggin "trail" bike since I didn't have a fork for my downhill bike. My crossmax xl's may never forgive me.

I'm gonna really try to make it out there. I'll be on a bare aluminum Sunday with a 888.
 
man, it sure looked like it was going to be a busy day at N* when we rolled into the parking lot. But by a little after noon, the mountain had a pretty empty feel to it. Maybe people packed it in early?
Did a handfull of runs, getting out to Boondocks twice. Man, that trail is suuuuweat! Not your typical N* trail that's for sure. The change was greatly appreciated.
Saw YetiDher from the lift...can't miss `em! Never did see Acadian...mayeb he's just too fast to be seen!
I did however see the guy on the blue SC with Red links...I was rubbing your back wheel in the lift line just as you loaded up!
 

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
1,057
1
Paradise
1soulrider said:
I'll be there

DHR w/ 888
Rode with you.

Total Heckler said:
Plans changed, going saturday now.

Trans Blue VP Free with Trans Red Links and Trans Blue Bach guard with Blue Derado DH's - Red/black/yellow helmet and black gear. One of a kind bike, look out for it. =]
I think I heckled unicyclers with you at mid mountain

OGRipper said:
It's looking pretty good for me to make it up there for most of the day Saturday. I'll be on a black vp-free with a 888. Say howdy and I'll try to do the same.

Brian, I'll be looking out for ya, maybe we can do some slow runs together. It's been a while so I'll be the rusty ripper this weekend. :thumb:
rode with you

Internal14 said:
Saw you

Biscuit said:
No kidding!


I'm gonna really try to make it out there. I'll be on a bare aluminum Sunday with a 888.

Saw you from the lift.



I also met acadian, Kidwoo, sanjay and I think thats it..
 

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
1,145
0
The Foothills
I drove up on saturday and realized I forgot my helmet... doh. So I drove back home and then back up and made it for 3 runs before they closed... It was ok though, I got to race and ride today...
 

Raacerx

Monkey
Had a great time up there today, but being out of shape really kills you at elevation I discovered. Didnt race, just rode, got a discount ticket, was a good day but I need to ride a lot more to get the feeling back. Had a Demo 9 with a 2000 Boxxer

PS. That new hip (its a kickout to the right) is sick, like midway down the mountain?
 
Rode Yesterday, i was on a black v-10 and i have long girly looking hair...It was an all around good day except for my linkage pivot bearing ****ting out on me and my rear end could flex like mad so i had to pull the crank and tighten everything up. No big deal though. Also, that new double at the top is somewhat fun, but the thing i dont understand is why they put it there? I had to hit it once before i actually got the speed down. I just wish they put stuff like that on a run with flow in it, but its better than nothing i guess...
 

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
1,057
1
Paradise
slalomrider1 said:
Rode Yesterday, i was on a black v-10 and i have long girly looking hair...It was an all around good day except for my linkage pivot bearing ****ting out on me and my rear end could flex like mad so i had to pull the crank and tighten everything up. No big deal though. Also, that new double at the top is somewhat fun, but the thing i dont understand is why they put it there? I had to hit it once before i actually got the speed down. I just wish they put stuff like that on a run with flow in it, but its better than nothing i guess...

I saw lots of people almost die hitting that double.
 

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
436
10
nor cal
chicodude01 said:
Rode with you.QUOTE]

It was good meeting you, and riding together as well.

All in all a great day at the N*, a little chilly in the am but it was perfect most the rest of the day. I had a great time riding with a lot of good friends, most of whom I just don't get to hang with enough. It was a fitting way to end the season.
cheers!
 

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
716
2
Blah Blah and Blah
1soulrider said:
chicodude01 said:
Rode with you.QUOTE]

It was good meeting you, and riding together as well.

All in all a great day at the N*, a little chilly in the am but it was perfect most the rest of the day. I had a great time riding with a lot of good friends, most of whom I just don't get to hang with enough. It was a fitting way to end the season.
cheers!
werd......


Awesome riding

Great friends

Beautiful weather

Cold beer

Nasty spill

Sore shoulder

Last day at N* this year
 

OGRipper

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2004
9,728
161
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah I had a great time doing a bunch of runs Saturday and Sunday, awesome last weekend. The weather was great, trails were...well they were like always, super rocky and dusty, lots of fun.

Rode the lift with Kidwoo and Chicodude (good meeting you guys), met up with Acadian and some others. Followed Chicodude for a little bit and we were suddenly way back, then saw those guys heading for Flameout and was like "WTF, screw that!" and went down Karp. It was only a little later that I realized they probably went down Dog Bone...oh well, next year.

I got some race pics and will post up a few later on tonight...
 

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
1,057
1
Paradise
OGRipper said:
Yeah I had a great time doing a bunch of runs Saturday and Sunday, awesome last weekend. The weather was great, trails were...well they were like always, super rocky and dusty, lots of fun.

Rode the lift with Kidwoo and Chicodude (good meeting you guys), met up with Acadian and some others. Followed Chicodude for a little bit and we were suddenly way back, then saw those guys heading for Flameout and was like "WTF, screw that!" and went down Karp. It was only a little later that I realized they probably went down Dog Bone...oh well, next year.

I got some race pics and will post up a few later on tonight...

Yea, On top of flameout, I stopped because my front wheel was way loose, But it was fun getting to ride with you for a bit
 

OGRipper

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2004
9,728
161
NORCAL is the hizzle
chicodude01 said:
Yea, On top of flameout, I stopped because my front wheel was way loose, But it was fun getting to ride with you for a bit
Ah, I figured something was going on, should have stopped to ask. But yeah, hopefully we'll run into each other again sometime.