Quantcast

N* Super-D

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Anyone here raced the Super-D at N*?

I can only make it up for one of the last two race weekends this season. Is it worth it to pay and race the super-d? I don't even know what trails they hold it on so I am curious to get the scoop.

I've never done a super-D so if it's good I'd like to give it a try. If it's no good I'd rather just race the LiveWire Classic. I know it's not a real DH course but everyone shows up and it's a fun weekend.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
umm... thanks I was planning on it.

Unfortunately I don't have the funds to race on both sep 20 and oct 4. I was hoping to get some info on the Super-D cause I haven't raced it before. That way I can decide which weekend to blow my cash.

If you mean just go and don't race... I like racing, gets me stoked.

What about you? You're form the bay are you gonna be up at the star for any of the remaining races.

NAYR

Monkey
Jul 13, 2009
Truckee
The Super d races have had relatively low turnouts as I have seen. I think they have been getting about 20-30 riders, but check the results sheet to be sure. Also it's a mass start in Northstar dust so you get the idea.
I'd personally rather do the livewire race. There is a greater chance that the ground will be wet, and there is the typical race vibe. But, there will be a lot more riders than normal there that weekend, so you won't get as many laps in. So I guess it's a trade off.

And like Brian said above, I'd try to go and just ride once or twice. It's fun.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
thanks.

LiveWire was money last year (except for the crazy gondola line) doesn't sound like the Super-D is anything special. I think I'll just head up for LiveWire again.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I'll ride on Saturday and race on Sunday.

Then again beer and hookers is mighty tempting... but I don't think the $30 race fee will get me very far in the hookers and beer department. I may have to settle for hookers without beer (no fun, need beer goggles for ta-Ho's) or just buy beer and bring my fiance (at least I'll be to drunk to care when she complains about everything).