Quantcast

N* XC series starts tonight

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Yep.

So tonight is race #1 in the N* xc race series.

A generous raffle is held each week. Helmets are required. The race fee $15 per racer or $70 for the seven race series. Registration is 5:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. with the race time at 6:00 p.m. sharp.
last year the raffle was pretty sweet. each week there was at least 1 chain guide thrown in.

fun course too.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
yep. a nice gamut guide.

and the course isn't lame at all. sometimes they throw you down competition. tonight i was kind of in the mood to do mine shaft.... so here's hoping that's what they have us do.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I have nothing on point, just wanted to say howdy Amy. Saw you and Ben at the Classic, from across a crowd, and couldn't find you later on to say hello. Hope you are swell.

(Yay for thread derails!)

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Heya. I was wondering where you were this past weekend. I was looking for you.
I was not racing. Just there to hang out and cause trouble.

Come out this way and let's hang out. Maybe ride Toad's. Or meet up at N*. I have a new big bike. It's pretty.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Heya. I was wondering where you were this past weekend. I was looking for you.
I was not racing. Just there to hang out and cause trouble.

Come out this way and let's hang out. Maybe ride Toad's. Or meet up at N*. I have a new big bike. It's pretty.
Me too, and it was super fun. I shuttled friends who were racing and rode when the trails were open, really great time.

I've been up at The Star 4-5 weekends this summer and will be there again the weekend of the 26th. Let's connect. And yay for new bikes!

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Hey OG. Funny you weren't racing either. Next year? Let's meet up on the 26th.

And last night's race at N*
It was fun. Climb was harsh, but the downhill was a blast. They sent you down Woods. Nice to have a xc course with a couple little jumps in it.

I won this in the raffle:

and was stoked to have a bunch of girls in my class for a change. I think more people should come and check them out. More bang for your bike than the DH race.
a. They are way cheaper
b. I get to spend more time actually riding
c. The raffle is just as awesome, but with less people to split the prizes amongst.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I was planning on coming out, until I saw my bonus check, and realized I used it for Downieville. Therefore, I'll be out for the remaining 6, especially August 14's ride, since that will be Alaina's 10th b-day. Any one up for some cake that night? Also, if you're there, I'll be wearing my white/yellow jersey with Alaina's pic on the front and "I'm Alaina's Daddy" on the back, and I was contacted today with the good news of their reserving plate #10. I'm still deciding if I want to do the beginner like last year, or do sport just to ride more miles. Oh well, like it's been said, they have one heck of a raffle afterwards, so I may just stick around this time.

Now, about the cake............

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
I was planning on coming out, until I saw my bonus check, and realized I used it for Downieville. Therefore, I'll be out for the remaining 6, especially August 14's ride, since that will be Alaina's 10th b-day. Any one up for some cake that night? Also, if you're there, I'll be wearing my white/yellow jersey with Alaina's pic on the front and "I'm Alaina's Daddy" on the back, and I was contacted today with the good news of their reserving plate #10. I'm still deciding if I want to do the beginner like last year, or do sport just to ride more miles. Oh well, like it's been said, they have one heck of a raffle afterwards, so I may just stick around this time.

Now, about the cake............

MMMM, cake!!!

STPIZZAY

Chimp
Nov 22, 2007
Sacramento
Hey im thinking of going to the next XC race. its just too expensive to race dh at northstar, you get more for your money with xc. i have a few questions.

what is the course like?
do they have more than one route or is it usually the same?

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
Hey im thinking of going to the next XC race. its just too expensive to race dh at northstar, you get more for your money with xc. i have a few questions.

what is the course like?
Racing DH is certainly more badass - but yeah $30 for a 4 to 5 min run can add up. The xc series is $15 per race or all 7 races for $70 and your chances of winning something in the raffle after the race are really good, plus you get all the free bananas and cookies you want, damn.
I think they try to change up parts of the dh portion of the course each race - last week they had everyone ride down Woods which has some nice tables on it and was fun after the climb which went up some fireroad, then flatter double track, to some switchbacks... total lap was just under 4 miles. Beginner races 1 lap, sport 2, open 3. I take my Nomad out which is fine - and there are some people of hardtails, but that can't be as fun. Basically it's a good vibe and the same sort of ride you would do after work...

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca

what is the course like?
hoorah. come out and race.
i'll be on a green blur LT and bejamin is on a black nomad. come and say hi.

last week was woods. in the past they have run stuff like competition to the bottom. let's hope tonight is something fun.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
tonight is race #4 in the series. 3 more after tonight.

come on out guys.

last week's course was killer. all the way up to manure pile and down WT, woods, and mine shaft (i think part of flameout was in there too).

fun stuff.