Quantcast

n00b needs new fork (forum search wouldn't work)

Warthog296

Chimp
May 15, 2010
First, let me preface this question by stating my assumption that there are probably already some threads/posts to this effect, however, I could not get the forum search function to work properly.

I have a Karpiel DiscoVolante with a Stratos S7 fork. Naturally, now that it's shot, it's just time for a new one. I'm looking for a relatively cheap new fork to put in. Since the bike will only see light DH/ freeride use, I'd like to keep my cost under $900, but maintain the current 7" of travel.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or know of any threads that cover this topic?

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
You could do a 2010 Boxxer Race I know they are 8 inches but I do not really think there are any 7 inch dual crowns anymore.Or you could go for a Totem or 66 they are seven inch single crowns.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
SC fork makes more sense. If you need 7 inches its the obvious way to go. If you really need a dc fork (dont understand why if you dont do nothing to extreme) than get a used 09 fox 40 and lower the travel.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
if you're willing to get a 8" fork then I would look at some of the 888s, I know they've been much maligned but if you stay away from the air cartridge then it's pure buttah

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
I had a disco... just curious, you wanna go with a 7 inch fork as to not alter the geometry of the bike? If so, I assure you a boxxer will prob have the same axle to crown length of the stratos... I had my disco with a 2005 Box WC, it was the best!