Quantcast

Nacho Libre

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Nice, a white guy mining Mexican culture and speech. Comedy gold! I'm glad he has an El De Barge wig, mustache and brown-face.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Tame Ape said:
Nice, a white guy mining Mexican culture and speech. Comedy gold! I'm glad he has an El De Barge wig, mustache and brown-face.
Isss OK, mang. I am a mesican amerrrrrrican and I say isss OK. Meester yack black is OK for a gringo.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Ciaran said:
Isss OK, mang. I am a mesican amerrrrrrican and I say isss OK. Meester yack black is OK for a gringo.

Is that less offensive because you are Chicano, or more?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"Mexican Americans don't like to get up early, in the morning, but they have to, so they do it, real slow...

Mexican Americans love education, so they go to night school, and they take Spanish, and get a B" (as sung by Cheech Marin)

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Tame Ape said:
Are you seriously offended by this? I'd pay to see a Mexican Jack Black doing a Canadian lumberjack spoof.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Tame Ape said:
Is that less offensive because you are Chicano, or more?
I don't tend to get offended at things like that. To me Jack Black doing a spanish accent (and doing it well!) pretending to be a mexican wrestler (who are hilarious to begin with) is highly amusing.

What offends me are mexicans who are lazy and drinking budweiser on the stoop of their house. Mexicans who sneak into this country... People like that who make other people look at me with a critical eye because I am dark skinned. (Hell, I don't even speak any spanish!) That is what I find offensive.

I've always felt that ones race, and nationality of all chance. You no more choose to be a white american than you would a brown arab. Why get so upset at something that is basically an accident?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Why not have Jack Black put on black face and go to the south.
Instead of LuchaLibre make it basketball. Instead of a face mask, make it Alan Iverson.

I don't doubt it will be funny, but its a farce. And part of the farce is that Jack Black is a white guy in brown face talking in English with an accent.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
jack black is an idiot and i dont really think he is funny at all. mexican or not.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
That's a stupid idea. We all know Jack Black isn't fast enough to play Iverson.

It's funny because it's a big fat guy with a mustache running around in tights. I don't think it's any deeper than that.

I know a few British guys from a Flying Circus who used a few ridiculously funny French accents and no one seemed to mind.