Quantcast

"Nailed 'em!" Cop Shoots Marijuana Activist (he missed the kill shot!)

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/MI_cops_shoot_unarmed_20yearold_marijuana_0316.html

A 20-year-old university student in Michigan is hospitalized and in serious condition after police shot the man Wednesday while serving a drug warrant. He was unarmed, investigators said.

Coming through an apartment's back door, an Ottawa County deputy allegedly shined a flashlight into the student's face, causing him to raise his right hand in front of his eyes.

The officer, whose name was not released, fired a single bullet into Derek Copp's chest. The 20-year-old Grand Valley State University student, who survived the shooting, said he had no idea the man was an officer.

"He never even had a chance to even see who was coming at him, with a bright flashlight in his face," said Sheryl Copp, Derek's mother, in a 24 Hour News 8 report. "He had no clue. He heard someone knock on his door, and he had no clue."
I for one am glad this scum is off the streets, the hospital stay should give him time to think about what he's done.

and of course, obligatory comedy highlights

Copp's parents insist their son is not a drug dealer. However, he appears to be a marijuana activist, stating on his facebook page he likes to "SMOKA DA BOLSKI" (smoke a 'bowl') and on his YouTube page, in a video titled 'Hippie Lunchtime Hour,' he makes references to baking marijuana-infused brownies. In another, he plays the fictional role of an acid dealer whose friend goes on a psychedelic journey through cliché colors.
A real threat to society!

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Obviously by raising a hand to shield his eyes from a bright light, the officer feared for his life.

100% justified. I bet the police department does a thorough investigation and comes to the same conclusion...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I really couldn't follow the article. Could someone explain? The kid's last name just confused the **** out of me.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Ahhh, he'll make out fine. He'll be bigger than octomom.

They found out that the student had expressed 'his advocacy and interest in reforming marijuana laws' and that he had declared himself to be a 'left wing hippie peace-keeping liberal.'
Copp reportedly wants to be a filmmaker and said he may produce work based on the shooting.
And from an article reference to CelebStoner:
From the hospital, he said he might make a film about the shooting.

Surely, Copp will receive an invitation to speak at Hash Bash in Ann Arbor next month.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
The Grand Rapids Press:They found out that the student had expressed 'his advocacy and interest in reforming marijuana laws'
so? 25 million people in california alone have been doing the same thing…

I’m hoping they were there because of an 1/8 of swack he sold to a 17 year old at the local skate park. If not, then why bear arms at all… watch him rake it in on his movie.