Quantcast

Name My new dog

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I am getting a puppy in about a week it's a male white lab/golden retriever mix. Me and my wife want a cool name so if anyone has some good suggestions.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
A number of doggy training books recommend this, so I thought Id pass it along....

They recommend to name your dog a 2 syllabol name that ends in a vowel (Fido, Lassie, Benji etc) are good examples. Reason being dogs dont actually "understand" what you are saying, but they do recognize voice commands. A 2 syllabol name that ends in a vowel or at least closewill be greatly differentiated from commands such as sit, NO, down, off etc

But I still gotta see the pup before I can make a recommendation

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
A number of doggy training books recommend this, so I thought Id pass it along....

They recommend to name your dog a 2 syllabol name that ends in a vowel (Fido, Lassie, Benji etc) are good examples. Reason being dogs dont actually "understand" what you are saying, but they do recognize voice commands. A 2 syllabol name that ends in a vowel or at least closewill be greatly differentiated from commands such as sit, NO, down, off etc

But I still gotta see the pup before I can make a recommendation
pvssy?