Quantcast

Name That Goaltender Thread - 7-20-06

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
This is an attempt to stump IAB.

We'll see how it works out.

This could be a real tough one and the only other hint I'm going to give is that this famous goaltender played for another 'original six' team for the bulk of his career.

Have at it Monkeys!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
crap, i can almost think of the name (the rangers jersey is the hint which sent me in that direction), but no dice.

damn, i just cheated too, and it was the guy i was thinking of.

no credit, though.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I was thinking maybe it was one of Rutherford's earlier masks, but I think his were all actual wings. I think Ed Giacomin wore something like that in his Detroit days....come on dad, where are your old hockey cards?!?!?!

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
MMcG said:
The Chief Monkey gets it!

Yep, Eddie Giacomin it is!
Sweet! Anyone know if he started Fast Eddie's (burger chain)? Might just be in Canada, he's from like Sudbury or Thunder Bay, Ontario I believe.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
looked at the properties of the jpg MMcG linked.
No, I got it before McG posted the image.

McG mentioned earlier that he was going to stump me with and Red Wings goalie, so I figured today's goalie was a Red Wing (and the red jersey gave it away). So I found a list of all time Red Wings goalies and looked for guys that played in the era when those masks were used and Google imaged the names. Ed Giamocin was the 2nd one I looked up. I would not have guessed that.