Quantcast

NaPalm (not) dead...

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Hell Palmer is going Enduro he has the tats and the Caddy we will soon see T275 videos come out with him aboard and the occasional 29r bike thrown in for good measure.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Hell Palmer is going Enduro he has the tats and the Caddy we will soon see T275 videos come out with him aboard and the occasional 29r bike thrown in for good measure.
I'm betting he'll be doing more short films like the one above. Insightful, a bit of sepia-toned, leaving the shredding part to the young talents he's supposed to mentor. Kind of Intense's very onw Obi Wan Kenobi...

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Not too sure about this either. How much responsibility do you think he'll have finding the riders?

Do kids entering the sport give a shit about Palmer beating a bunch of lycra wearing euros?

If I had kids good enough to ride for a development team I'm not sure I'd be saying go travel the world with Palmer, he'll be a great influence. Skills workshops over a few days? Yeah sure. But world cup seasons? not so sure.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Unfortunately I think you are right. But it would be sick if they came out with new US made bikes. Driving a Cadillac and riding a TW made plastic bike don't go together well IMO.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
if i wanted a life coach, he wouldnt be the guy but that doesnt discount the fact that he was one of the best boxers that ever lived

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
So is he racing Enderpo Wurld Serious Seniors or is he coaching a UCI DH team that as of yet has no riders (and just the 951 which is now apparently a "park bike")?

GUESS THAT'S WHY IT'S A TEASER VIDEO.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
if i wanted a life coach, he wouldnt be the guy but that doesnt discount the fact that he was one of the best boxers that ever lived
That's the point, often times the best athlete at a given discipline isn't the best coach/manager/mentor to have, coaches (good ones for Jr's, kids, etc.) should have strong character. Kids are impressionable.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
So is he racing Enderpo Wurld Serious Seniors or is he coaching a UCI DH team that as of yet has no riders (and just the 951 which is now apparently a "park bike")?

GUESS THAT'S WHY IT'S A TEASER VIDEO.
Park bike?

This complete 951 Evo from Intense was fully decked out with the latest DVO suspension, SRAM XO1DH, Shimano Zee brakes and a Spank finishing kit. The Evo version benefits from 27.5" wheels, integrated fork bump stops and a 1/4" longer top tube than the older version and the M9. With rumours of a Top 5 World Cup DH rider joining a newly formed Intense Factory DH team, could this be the new team race machine?
Doesn't sound like this is intended to be a "park" bike to me.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
That's the point, often times the best athlete at a given discipline isn't the best coach/manager/mentor to have, coaches (good ones for Jr's, kids, etc.) should have strong character. Kids are impressionable.
I had a chance to meet Palmer in person a few months back. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy who actually would pay attention to your answer after he asked you how your were doing. He was also insanely competitive. Combine that with his experience racing world cups and I'd say he'd probably make a pretty good WC team coach.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
If only intense had some sort of rapid production facility that they could quickly prototype aluminum DH frames for their new WC team before having a carbon mold made overseas....

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
I had a chance to meet Palmer in person a few months back. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy who actually would pay attention to your answer after he asked you how your were doing. He was also insanely competitive. Combine that with his experience racing world cups and I'd say he'd probably make a pretty good WC team coach.
but here on RM only the young palmer is what people seem to want to remember. nobody realizes that everyone grows up and mellows out a bit and many of those people can turn their experience and knowledge into something more than what people remember from when they were in their 20's.

also didn't palmer say U.S. national development? not that he wouldn't be involved in the WC but that didn't seem to be what he was hired to do from the interview, but you know...secrets.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
i'm not saying he isn't a good guy, or couldn't be, just that as a parent I'd likely be a bit skeptical. That's all.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

(yes, I met him too way back in the day, same experience)

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Well you could probably say almost the same of Peaty back in the days and look how Bryce turned out. He is what dh is about, fun and serious. Best of all they always look stoked on racing and riding even despite any adverse circumstances. Young people will always be young people.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Decent video, looks like Intense finally found something they're good at!