Quantcast

Narcolepsy at Work

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
G dammit,

I just nodded off, at work, with a website on my monitor.

I don't think anyone noticed, but how to be sure?

Ah well, no employee of the month for me...

Eyes open. Stay concious. Do it. Do it..

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Ah, I know the feeling. It washed over me yesterday while in a post lunch meeting. I had to swing my head back and forth looking at who was talking to ensure that it just didn't drop and I would go to sleep. I don't think anyone noticed though.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Starting to eat lunch, the evil sedative effect should start in about a half hour...

Coffee: You're useless.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I've taken naps in my work truck before. It's though getting up at 3am and then hiking around in the hot AZ for 6 or 7 straight hours. Just off into the some shade, roll down the windows and snooooooze.

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
When I was an intern I had a boss that must've had narcolepsy. I would be in his cube asking him a question and he would just nod off in the middle of the response. A minute later he would open his eyes and continue where he left off.

Freaked me out the first time. I never said anything...I just stood there for a while. I have no idea if he knew that he did this.

On the flip side...I've gone and found conference rooms on empty floors in our building, laid down on the floor and taken a nap.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
MMike said:
I have Tourette's at work...
I worked with a guy recently who had like "level 3" (the worst kind supposedly) Tourette's............man he said some crazy stuff here at work.

He would just scream out phrases like (mind you this is in an engineering cube farm office environment): "WHOA LOOK AT THAT P***Y!!!!!!!!!!!"

It was really hard not to just hit the floor laughing when he did stuff like that.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I would almost prefer tourettes. But then of course, maybe I talk in my sleep. Oh crap. Hadn't thought of that...

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
druber said:
When I was an intern I had a boss that must've had narcolepsy. I would be in his cube asking him a question and he would just nod off in the middle of the response. A minute later he would open his eyes and continue where he left off.

My graduate adviser was like that. You'd ask him a question and he'd go start to answer it and then he'd nod out mid-sentence. You'd have to poke him to get him to wake back up and then he'd finish his thought like nothing had happened. He was diagnosed with sleep apnea (sp?) so he wasn't getting good sleep at home. He had a surgery for it. Fixed him right up.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Andyman_1970 said:
I worked with a guy recently who had like "level 3" (the worst kind supposedly) Tourette's............man he said some crazy stuff here at work.

He would just scream out phrases like (mind you this is in an engineering cube farm office environment): "WHOA LOOK AT THAT P***Y!!!!!!!!!!!"

It was really hard not to just hit the floor laughing when he did stuff like that.
that reminds me of the movie boondock saints. where there in the church hospital and the bar tender comes in and shouts FVCK, ASS at one of the nuns

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
lovebunny said:
that reminds me of the movie boondock saints. where there in the church hospital and the bar tender comes in and shouts FVCK, ASS at one of the nuns
That's almost g rated compared to what this dude was uttering.......it was so over the top it went from vulgar to hilarious.........

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I had a neighbor who came down with narcolepsy at the age of 21. He lived a normal life until 21, and then one week, went to take a power nap and woke up 5 days later. Thankfully he was on meds, or else he'd have to resort to speed in order to live a somewhat normal life.