Quantcast

Nashbar billing error

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
<rant.on>

I ordered $410 worth of parts last week, they charged me 3x and it took several phone calls and emails to finally get it cleared up.

The biggest aggrivation is no one I spoke to at Nashbar seemed to care... at least fake it :mumble:

It's also annoying that they have no error checking system in place. My bank had to call me cuz they were concerned about fraud.

<rant.off>

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Man that sucks. I got charged three times for $15 worth of fork oil and I thought that was bad. 3 x $450 and I'd probably be bouncing checks.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
ito said:
Hmm, would this have happened at a bike shop?
Probably not. He would've paid twice as much and had to wait 3x as long to get his stuff (assuming your local shop didn't have what you wanted on hand).

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
dfinn said:
Probably not. He would've paid twice as much and had to wait 3x as long to get his stuff (assuming your local shop didn't have what you wanted on hand).
:stupid:

I highly approve of this statement!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
jdschall said:
Man that sucks. I got charged three times for $15 worth of fork oil and I thought that was bad. 3 x $450 and I'd probably be bouncing checks.
Thanks, sorry it happened to you, but good to be warned that this wasn't isolated :(

ito said:
Hmm, would this have happened at a bike shop?
It does happen in retail locations, but they catch it at the end of the day when they close out their registers. Then they fix the problem. At least when I worked retail 15 yrs ago.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
dfinn said:
But if it did happen they'd at least apologize and pretend to be concerned :)

The Ito

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
that sucks!! i ordered something from them and got it fine. no problems. but i might think again if this is how they run if they screw up. thanks the rant/warning!