Quantcast

Nassahegon State Forest with MBC, Quofan and Big T - yes I did make it!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
On Saturday, August 8, MBC, Quofan, BigT and I hit the trails at Nassahegon State Forest in my hometown of Burlington, CT and had a nice ride. Yep I do ride (sometimes) and the ride resulted in no injuries, only one minor chainring tooth mechanical and NO broke derailleurs or derailleur hangers (Nass has been Nasty to derailleurs over the last few years!)!

We were fortunate to meet up with a NEMBA Trail Ambassador who knew the trails like the back of his hand and he graciously guided us around for the second half of our loop. Nassahegon rocks and I think we all had a great time out on the trails!

Here are a few pics (sorry for the craptastic quality of many of them)from the ride.

MBC on a downhill:

Quofan's next!

Followed by his new wife, Big T!

Quofan just riding along:

MBC negotiating a tricky up and over log/rock technical trail feature - hard to see from the pic, but it is a bit tricky - sorry I cut off the top of your noggin MBC!

Quofan navigating the same spot - you can see the rockiness of it a little better in this pic.

Log:

Same Log:

This is probably the "coolest" pic I took - didn't know it was going to come out like it did. Here's Quofan getting his "freeride on" a little bit going up and over and down a cool rock/technical trail feature towards the end of the ride. Nice job Quofan! :thumb:

The weather was great, the trails in good shape and all in all it was a great way to get the day going on Saturday! Good times and good riding everyone! :thumb: