Quantcast

~~~National Ask A Stupid Question Day GMT~~~

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Go ahead, ask your stupid questions today.

Was supposed to get on the right of way yesterday, but they didn't finish the hole they were on, so it will probably be today.

3 more days until vacation.

Be safe out there.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
OK, here's a stupid question.

Why does Goofy wear pants, Pluto doesn;t and they're both dogs?

dosgearos

Chimp
Jun 26, 2007
Dogs who talk get shirts and hats...dogs who piss standing up get pants.

Oh yeah...good morning.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
just got in to Monte Carlo my words will be worthless to describe this place.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Morning.
Went to bed early but still feel tired this morning.

Gotta bring the GF's car to my buddy's shop tonight to get the A/C installed. Hopefully that gets sorted.

I need to go for a ride!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Took the long ride route to work and got here happy. Riding at lunch and then have an event to go to tonight - IgniteBend. Should be fun.

Why does my eraser leave a smudge?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

I am in a interesting position.

The day before my 2nd interview for another job (company #1), I finally hear from a much bigger and better company (company #2 - that I have been trying to get into for years). Phone interview scheduled with company #2 the same day as my 2nd interview with company #1.

I would much rather work for company #2 (guaranteed better pay, 25%+ increase, WAY better commute options, very successful company). But company #1 also is very successful, no real commute options besides adding 20 min each way, starting at a much lower position, and less pay (still a 17%+ pay increase from where I am now).

I am not sure how to handle this. I have a job currently so taking a job right away isn't necessary, but I don't want to blow off company #1 to pursue company #2 and have that not work out and lose my opportunity for company #1 too. Any suggestions?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning all.

I am in a interesting position.

The day before my 2nd interview for another job (company #1), I finally hear from a much bigger and better company (company #2 - that I have been trying to get into for years). Phone interview scheduled with company #2 the same day as my 2nd interview with company #1.

I would much rather work for company #2 (guaranteed better pay, 25%+ increase, WAY better commute options, very successful company). But company #1 also is very successful, no real commute options besides adding 20 min each way, starting at a much lower position, and less pay (still a 17%+ pay increase from where I am now).

I am not sure how to handle this. I have a job currently so taking a job right away isn't necessary, but I don't want to blow off company #1 to pursue company #2 and have that not work out and lose my opportunity for company #1 too. Any suggestions?

How long can you hold off #1?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha I love Edward 40 hands. Goodtimes.

IAB, I think thats a good way to look at it. Nothing set in stone and no official offers have been made. Thanks man.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Just got word from the admissions committee that one of my students was academically rejected and isn't getting into school. Gotta go break that news to the family. Great.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Bit late into todays GMT. Broke 3k miles on the single speed somewhere on my way in this morning, big oil can eat a bag of dicks. :weee: Today is double coverage day so I stayed in the hangar and ran a 5k on the ramp. Have a feeling the ride home my be kind of rough. Over at the gate in the truck now trying to stay awake, I may have to go get myself one of those 40cent sodas @ delta.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
my wednesday is stroking right along.
good thing. cuz i am feeling like the weekend is never gonna get here.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Final packing for tomorrow. Leaving at 6am for SLC, then on to Denver on Friday. Time to bust on my beer and pack!

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
I don't know if this falls under a stupid question but to cut a carbon seat post do you need a carbon blade or will a normal blade work on a little job such as this ?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
were you listening to "Dawned On Me" when you had this epiphany?
i enjoyed nick lowe last night...which surprised me.....i couldn't make it six or seven songs before i had to bail on wilco....it just sounded off...

but i had uncle acid and the deadbeats "blood lust" on repeat for the three hour drive home.

Last edited: