Quantcast

National Champs Build

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Every line has a go around. Multiple sets of berms go around the main doubles in the downhill jump section, so you can race around the jumps easily (and fast)

herndon

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
There are only pro lines on the DS track, two jumps, that is it. We all know that lines that are significantly faster force people into taking risks that they wouldn't always take, especially racing. My feelings on option lines is there should be a benefit to the line but not to the extent it forces someone past their limits. All lines on the DH tracks are with in a few tenths of a second of each other. For the slalom it has been a long time since we have been able to put jumps like this in a track. The jumps are to showcase the top riders skills. Not everyone gets to race a supercross track, only the pros. In this case you get to race the same track just not hit two features on it. If I didn't think it was the best thing for the event and the sport I wouldn't of set it up this way. I am excited to see guys like Haley not only show their talent racing but keep the spectators entertained in the meantime. I am sorry you see it as a negative but that is how it will be for this years event. Hopefully the rest of the track will keep you entertained.

Christopher

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
There are only pro lines on the DS track, two jumps, that is it. We all know that lines that are significantly faster force people into taking risks that they wouldn't always take, especially racing. My feelings on option lines is there should be a benefit to the line but not to the extent it forces someone past their limits. All lines on the DH tracks are with in a few tenths of a second of each other. For the slalom it has been a long time since we have been able to put jumps like this in a track. The jumps are to showcase the top riders skills. Not everyone gets to race a supercross track, only the pros. In this case you get to race the same track just not hit two features on it. If I didn't think it was the best thing for the event and the sport I wouldn't of set it up this way. I am excited to see guys like Haley not only show their talent racing but keep the spectators entertained in the meantime. I am sorry you see it as a negative but that is how it will be for this years event. Hopefully the rest of the track will keep you entertained.
I wasnt complaining, just asking why. You guys have done a great job and I am very excited!! Where are the go arounds for the last two jumps. So what about the junior experts are they allowed to do the pro only jumps?

Thanks alot for all your guys hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I just got off a conference call with the Army Corps of Engineers and the National Weather Service, and they are fairly confident Irene will just skirt the NC coast, and may even miss Wilmington altogether. They also expressed quite a bit of doubt regarding more westerly tracks postulated by local TV stations and the such. Of course, they caveated their prediction with the obligatory "well, in theory it could hit anywhere from Charleston, SC to Cape May, NJ", but all in all they did not think even places like Raleigh would get much rain from this. So at this point, it *appears* the race won't be affected by Irene (at least not directly), but hey, it's the mountains (and Beech Mtn at that)...it could rain 2 inches even on a "5 golf ball day".

Besides, I'd be moar concerned about that fancy new bike of yours holding together than the weather...

;)

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
The Dual Slalom Qualifying race has been moved from Lees-McRae to the newly constructed Dual Slalom at Beech Mountain! This is the same track that will be utilized at National Champs

Please preregister to save time and money! Bikereg allows us to print off the registration forms already filled out for you, so all you have to do is walk in, sign and get your number!!

Downhill http://www.bikereg.com/events/regist...?eventid=13996
Dual Slalom http://www.bikereg.com/events/regist...?eventid=14001

New Flyer is here

Apr 18, 2011
Crossville Tennessee
A video I found of the Beech Mtn work crew earning their wings riding parts of the DH course. Good job crew...

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/211762/
GOODNESS!!!!! that video does NOT do that trail justice. i walked it at the race. that massive huck to flat chris did at the end is like 50000000 feet long. i got scared just looking at it. if you noticed even the shaw brothers rolled off the rocks. that thing is crazy. i cant wait to see gwin shred that place apart

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
Sorry if this has been discussed, what is the tire of choice down in the southeast??? Watching the video I see a lot of rocks and a good amount of ski trail.

Thanks guys, looks great and cannot wait to get down there from the northeast.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
I'm gonna try to get a pair of specialized hillbilly's for the nationals race. I had dhf's for the qualifier race but they were pretty bad on the open ski kills, and were just about fine in the woods since there was plenty of berm support. they were at the end of their life when I started the day anyways so it could have just been that but I think i want to try something different. If it would ever actually be dry for a race there I would just stick with minions like I always run.

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
Cut hillbillies worked well for me. Swampthings would be good also. If it is dry minions/butchers/clutches would be good.