Quantcast

~~~National Checkers Day GMT~~~

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Was out on the right of way yesterday. I figured out a way to stay in my truck during the rain. I win.

Today, I get to stay in the field office and do computer work. At least I'll be out of the rain.

Be safe out there.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
got morning monkeys, new camelbak got to my house yesterday, im pretty pumped to go try it out today. other then that im doing nothing today just going out and riding

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
still up west coast time. work was busy, still havent gone to sleep. nap, bike ride, and copious amounts of booze should help rest my clock.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY THERE LOL

Got a whole lot of NOTHING planned for this weekend and am very much looking forward to it. Went for a 22 mile run yesterday, and it dawned on me that my post work runs now cover more mileage than my post work rides. Not sure what that means, but it's something I took note of.

Hungry. Time to go forage.

splat

Nam I am
Morning , Yeah Friday !

friend is having a BBQ on Saturday , that is aboutthe extent of my Plans .hopefully get a ride or 3 in the is weekend , will sss what the rain does to those ideas.

. Went for a 22 mile run yesterday, and it dawned on me that my post work runs now cover more mileage than my post work rides. Not sure what that means, but it's something I took note of.
Means you need to Get on you bike and ride!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Yo! Friday it is.
Rainy weather makes me sleepy, but have chores to do. Putting together the Treadclimber that arrived, riding Sunday on the MD Eastern Shore with my kid, just a cruise.

Go have fun.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Friday. Yay!

Waiting for a phone call. A very important one....sigh.

Friend having a bbq this saturday...might just have to participate.

Lots of crap to do around the house. Especially if the phone call comes...

I'm gonna go get to it.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Rode at lunch yesterday and then out to the cyclocross race last night to heckle/cheer. Beer and pizza after the race turned into an amusing ride home. Happy Friday everyone!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

If you interviewed for a job and they asked for a 10k salary range you were looking to get and the company gave you an offer and it was at the low end of what you were looking for, what is the best way to negotiate to a higher amount?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning monkeys!

Crazy day getting the last prep done for Mad Dog's 11th birthday this weekend. Ordered an awesome cake from a gluten free bakery in town. Vanilla cake with orange zest frosting. Taking her and some friends to Wounderland (nickel arcade) to blow some coin, then home for cake and BBQ. Should be fun, lets get the work day over with already!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
don't forget you can negotiate things for other than salary.
Yeah, I am basically trying to get in a position to be able to support a family in the future. So salary and insurance (medical, dental, vision) are at the top of my list of important things. The downside to this job is that it would add at least (depending on traffic) an extra 20 minutes each way to my commute (50 total min each way).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, I am basically trying to get in a position to be able to support a family in the future. So salary and insurance (medical, dental, vision) are at the top of my list of important things. The downside to this job is that it would add at least (depending on traffic) an extra 20 minutes each way to my commute (50 total min each way).
ok, so is this a job you could work from home? in lieu of salary, ask if you could work from home 1-2 days a week. being that you have to travel so far, it'd save a good amount by dropping a day or 2 worth of commutes, plus increase time at home.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Haha I know. That is the plan. I was just trying to think of ways to respond to not put them off.
I have taken too many jobs for too little. When I moved to Medford I took a huge pay cut, but the location was what I wanted. When I would need more money, my soon to be manager pulled me aside and let me know what he was making and it was $10k LESS than what I was asking. I would not have taken it without having that level of information and that usually isn't shared.

You can be blunt and say you really need at least X nd see what they come back with.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

3 out of 3 medical doctors agree, I have a hernia, and any surgery to fix it is going to be major. :mad: But they also agree that if its not bothering me, don't fvck with it. So, no surgery in my immediate/foreseeable future, thank the FSM.

My legs are cooked from yesterday mornings run and shockingly busy OT day, so the ride I had been thinking about is out. Gonna laze about the house and do nothing.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Ack! So many sighting of my dog! The tiny human willl stay the night with a relative while we do a late night stake out in the ghetto for our mutt!

Would'ja look at this?!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Do NOT underestimate how much this is going to suck. Especially if you're thinking family-thoughts.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Do NOT underestimate how much this is going to suck. Especially if you're thinking family-thoughts.
True. The only thing is that in this area, this really is the only option for this field (to commute 40+ min to higher paying companies). I am lucky where I am at now, but there is no way I am going to be able to make the money I need here.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha Boulder Creek. Everyone from there is crazy. I would say probably 80% of houses in that area are total dumps. There was a episode of that show Hoarders recently that was filmed out there.

No thanks on the relocating. I am happy being 5 min away from some of the best riding in the US.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Finally starting to not feel like complete isht anymore! Not much planned for the weekend besides drinking and being overly excited with a cowbell at nationals.

And in other news, I just saw Aaron Gwin at the grocery store. Not sure if he's big enough for that to be a big deal yet.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Haha Boulder Creek. Everyone from there is crazy. I would say probably 80% of houses in that area are total dumps. There was a episode of that show Hoarders recently that was filmed out there.

i'd take the land rover at 2:07 into the video.