Quantcast

~~~National Poisioned Blackberries Day GMT~~~

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

And Happy New Year to all the Jewish monkeys! (I know it started last night at sundown, but I wanted to wait)

One hole was supposed to go yesterday, but they are still held up at their last hole, so it didn't. A hole I had them put off started yesterday afternoon, and got nearly to our required depth.

Today, we have a new hole starting, not on the plan, it got snuck in under the radar, but we will monitor it anyway. The hole that started yesterday should finish for me in a couple of hours.

V minus 2 days and counting.

Be safe out there.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HOLA AMIGO THURSDAY MONKEYS ROLF! I went for my final marathon tune up run yesterday...14.5 miles. Now I've got two weeks of scaling back before the event.

Wife dragged me to the gym at 6:00 this morning. I took the day off while my car has various repairs done do it. Coolstorybro.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Actually,it's also National Coffee Day, which sounds much nicer than posioned blackberries (I am an iphone user, myself)

Today, I am a Baltimore Orioles fan, just for today. ROFL @ Red Sox...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Thunder storming outside right now and I can't seem to stop sneezing! So much for bike commuting any more this week. Monday & Tuesday were great...two nice days in a row is asking a lot these days :) Oh well...off to school I go!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I tried the multi-quote this morning and it was broken.

So it *IS* new. What the hell is wrong with your new car?
There is some kind of squeak/rattle upon startup which goes away once the car starts moving (I'm guessing a belt), I think a wheel bearing needs replacing (had one done earlier this year), and the car needs an oil change.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
There is some kind of squeak/rattle upon startup which goes away once the car starts moving (I'm guessing a belt), I think a wheel bearing needs replacing (had one done earlier this year), and the car needs an oil change.
You would think that they would have FIXED that wheel-bearing issue by now. Cripes - who doesn't make a wheel bearing that will go a quarter of a million miles FFS?

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
One hole was supposed to go yesterday, but they are still held up at their last hole, so it didn't. A hole I had them put off started yesterday afternoon, and got nearly to our required depth.

Today, we have a new hole starting, not on the plan, it got snuck in under the radar, but we will monitor it anyway. The hole that started yesterday should finish for me in a couple of hours.
Quo what do you do exactly, and what are they drilling for? Curiosity is killing me...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You would think that they would have FIXED that wheel-bearing issue by now. Cripes - who doesn't make a wheel bearing that will go a quarter of a million miles FFS?

Everyone does. They cost more, have higher friction and are probably heavier. No one buys a car that costs more, has lower performance and efficiency thinking they may not have to replace the bearings in five years.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Wow. Just heard back from my first interview I had this morning and they want to do a 2nd interview first thing next week. I am pumped. Heading to 2nd job interview shortly.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Quo what do you do exactly, and what are they drilling for? Curiosity is killing me...
Mostly, I sit around and watch people work. But really, I do vibration monitoring. National Grid is upgrading the lines in RI, and they are drilling 6'-9' diameter holes near a 16" high pressure gas line. I'm there to monitor the vibrations from the drilling operations. We only have to monitor to 5' below the bottom of the line.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
Ah ok, I was trying to figure out if you were doing seismic monitoring or some sort of safety/OSHA type thing. And that's a big ass hole, how deep are they going?