Quantcast

National Sa-TRAILS-ur-DAY

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

All the sudden, woman--child is serious about riding her bike. So that's nice. Still not very daring, but at least it's happening at all, so I'll take it.

Crunch time for Yurp. Better start throwing our shit together.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am going home. Do not know when. They told me that I will be back July 2nd for another round. I will not be bike riding. I cannot drive. I will not be able to eat anything of consequence. No sex of any kind whatsoever. Chest pains will go away. Groin hole will heal. Breathing is still a struggle. BP is high and HR is as well. I need to rest and stay out of the sun.

I am going home. Do not know when. They told me that I will be back July 2nd for another round. I will not be bike riding. I cannot drive. I will not be able to eat anything of consequence. No sex of any kind whatsoever. Chest pains will go away. Groin hole will heal. Breathing is still a struggle. BP is high and HR is as well. I need to rest and stay out of the sun.
Fucking wow, Jim, hang in!

Dragged a load of crap out of the house, separated (trash, recycling, burn pile, metal...) disposed of it all.

Planning to ride Moosalamoo with @Bunnista this afternoon...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Welcome back! Feel better soon. Tell them to fuck off with their prunes.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Scooping up cat poop shows that they truly are our masters. Meh.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
poured last night. we can haz sun nao?

taking the 8yo to try the 24” i built up for him on the kids trail and then maybe dig a bit and rebuild a berm.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I was thinking about JD on my ride today. I'm greatfull that I made a lifestyle change and dropped all that weight and lowered my cholesterol levels. Did 20 miles @ 16 mpg with 1200 feet of climbing. It was 90 in the shade when I finished.

JD fight the bastard kicking and punching. Heal up bud.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Managed to squeeze in a ride, then went to the milf pool.

Trails were still a little soggy. Getting overgrown. And the stinging nettles are back, so won't be riding those trails again till the fall.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Managed to squeeze in a ride, then went to the milf pool.

Trails were still a little soggy. Getting overgrown. And the stinging nettles are back, so won't be riding those trails again till the fall.
why don’t you take a few hours and cut them back? trailwork + beer is a great combo (ask me how i know :D )

rode a bit with the kid, then cleared a bit of downfall...need to get back out there with a saw for some of it. t-storms rumbled through and we headed home. chillin in the garage eating sushi and drinking moar imperial stoutzzzz

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Two weeks from right now...... I should be sitting on top of loco mountain with the wife and child....... Getting ready to head into town for the rodeo, and working my way back to camp.....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode some trail. Not much elevation gain here in flatland central, but going up and down these steep hills like a yo-yo sure does poop me out.

Could have done some more hills, but my rear tire keeps burping air out. It was almost flat by the time I got back to the car. Hmmm.

Now to go hunt down some shandys and a flexible pipe wrench thing to try to unfuckulate this dropper post.

Also bumped into a dude with a bright orange Banshee Rune. That seals it, as long as the frame is still available, I'm buying it tonight.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Aliso Woods is on fire. Those are part of the Laguna Canyon trails for those not experienced in the ways of SoCal downhill and Enduro. That's bad.

Still studying. Practice tests are at barely passing range, but I'm isolating down study points sharply. Halfway through my practice tests and I'd be a tossup on passing right now assuming equal weighting on all topics... Ugh. FTS.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Still studying. Practice tests are at barely passing range, but I'm isolating down study points sharply. Halfway through my practice tests and I'd be a tossup on passing right now assuming equal weighting on all topics... Ugh. FTS.
Hang in there, bro-dawg. I won't be at the bday party, btw--on call in the hospital that day.

Went out to Mt. Lemmon to ride today. Max elevation was 9040 feet, and you could feel it.
That seems like a nice elevation for a trailhead.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I :cupidarrow: my new tiny grill. Tonight's menu was grilled frankfurters in portuguese rolls with grilled onion & czech mustard for wifey, grilled chicken thighs for moi and grilled corn for both of us. I also replaced chain on the trail bike, disappointed with the XX1 that has been there since mid March. I rotate three chains on one cassette / chainring, the new X1 that replaced the XX1 is significantly more silent.

I am about 80% decided I am ordering the coil Ribbon because fuck it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Hell froze over...not really, it hit 103 here today but I digress

I was out on my road bike and flatted. no biggie I always carry a pump , patch kit, plus two fresh tubes. What was amazing it that two large packs of team riders came by and both groups slowed and asked if I had everything i needed. I gave a thumbs up and a thanks for asking. That never happens, usually they just blow on by. I figure it was because it was effing hot out in the boonies where we were and nobody should get stuck out there on a day like this. Was cool though