Quantcast

*** National Wing Day GMT***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey there little bear!

woke up before my alarm at like 5yayem. Wife was snoring so I couldn't fall back to sleep, which let me slip out for an hour of riding. Felt amazing. Bike felt fast, legs felt good, I think we're back in action.

Little dude seems to be improving with new antibiotics and treating underlying eczema vs. topical antibiotic. I think that stuff was just bad for him.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it do, brodozers!! I swam 2600 yards before work. Speaking of which, my legs are a bit tired and sore from my 60 minute bike workout last night. 91 intensity factor on the TrainerRoad. I haven't done many too much harder than that.

I'm gonna ride 110 miles tomorrow, because why the fuck not.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Taking a FTS day. Hannah is home and I'm taking my test today. Planning on working on @jonKranked's bike today once I get my study this AM done, before Wifey gets home from the office and can take Hannah so I can do my test. HD trip in place so that I can get stuff to start tomorrow's gardening project.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Also, spent $100 on another new bag of dog food for the younger dog who won't eat. I put some in a bowl, put it in front of her, and she looked at it and said "Fuck you."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
finally finished servicing my Mattoc last night. new foot nut in place. just have to put the adjuster knobs back on and air it up fully, then install it back on my bike.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
couldn't get to sleep last night. so tried melatonin. no luck. pulled out the big guns with a 20/60 mix of cannabis oil. that worked but I think it may have been a wee bit too much as I'm still a little cloudy this morning...

luckily, I'm getting my new grinder dialled in, which means pulling a bunch of shots to get the extraction ratio and time right. this new machine kicks ass... I knew it would be quieter and quicker, but I'm astounded at the result in the cup... my coffee tastes so much better now, it's crazy. anyways, a few shots later, and I'm starting to wake up. nice.

dropped the car off at the garage too. I suspect worn suspension or loose control links or sway bars. getting clunking sounds as I drive over potholes and such. I hope this doesn't cost too much caus' we just dropped twelve grand on our new roof, and we're kinda cash-poor at the moment. the timing on the purchase of that fancy new grinder wasn't great...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
uckily, I'm getting my new grinder dialled in, which means pulling a bunch of shots to get the extraction ratio and time right. this new machine kicks ass... I knew it would be quieter and quicker, but I'm astounded at the result in the cup... my coffee tastes so much better now, it's crazy. anyways, a few shots later, and I'm starting to wake up. nice.
what's the new setup?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Apparently Wifey experienced Layla go into pit "squat and fight" mode yesterday, and it scared the living shit out of her. There is a house with two relatively large, aggressive dogs on their walk route that were banging into the fence so hard she thought it was going to get knocked over. Layla stopped, went wide stance, squatted, bared teeth, and started a guttural growl that she's never heard from her before. Layla is the most docile dog you can imagine, CO monkey's can confirm.

She said it scared the hell out of her and she had trouble getting Layla moving again. She didn't know what to do if the dogs got out. Uh... let the leash go? She's part pit, shar pei, great dane, and great pyrenees. They might be larger dogs, but half her breeds are fighting dogs and the others are guard dogs. Let her loose and see what happens. Also, thumb in butt.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So I have insomnia. Didn't sleep well in the past 2 weeks. Mostly 4-5 h. My brain is scrambled eggs.

On the good side there is a new pump track near me replacing a different park the city decided to demolish because THEY forgot to renew the contract with the pizza place that was running it.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Working from home today so we can get our house measured for new carpet. Carpet's ~20 years old, and I'm pretty sure the previous owners *never* cleaned it.

I totally want to air fry some wings now.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Apparently Wifey experienced Layla go into pit "squat and fight" mode yesterday, and it scared the living shit out of her. There is a house with two relatively large, aggressive dogs on their walk route that were banging into the fence so hard she thought it was going to get knocked over. Layla stopped, went wide stance, squatted, bared teeth, and started a guttural growl that she's never heard from her before. Layla is the most docile dog you can imagine, CO monkey's can confirm.

She said it scared the hell out of her and she had trouble getting Layla moving again. She didn't know what to do if the dogs got out. Uh... let the leash go? She's part pit, shar pei, great dane, and great pyrenees. They might be larger dogs, but half her breeds are fighting dogs and the others are guard dogs. Let her loose and see what happens. Also, thumb in butt.
Dog Related Claims cost $881 Million.

Have a dog they said, it would be fun they said.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Break a leg on your test, Stoney. You’ll have to come up with a new excuse to not ride, though: just karting, now? :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Fence fighting is pretty common with dogs and will often will only happen when a fence is there. My dog loses his shit if a dog barks at him from the other side of a fence, same dog could bark in his face and he would completely ignore it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ugh, something is still off with my mattoc. + and - air chambers aren't equalizing properly. and the rebound seems off. no time for another rebuild today before leaving for the weekend, so will continue to ride borrowed fork. will order the full service / o-ring kit from manitou to fix stuff properly.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Break a leg on your test, Stoney. You’ll have to come up with a new excuse to not ride, though: just karting, now? :D
Oh the list... I just got my CE notice for my other credentials, due in 2.5 weeks (oops, forgot). Tearing out the front garden and putting in low water plants. The house work that I didn't finish last summer. Karting, obviously. And then the next class and final test prep for the CFP.