Quantcast

*** National Wing Day GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fence fighting is pretty common with dogs and will often will only happen when a fence is there. My dog loses his shit if a dog barks at him from the other side of a fence, same dog could bark in his face and he would completely ignore it.

Sure hope that's the case.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Dropped the truck off for inspection this morning and had a nice walk home with the dog. He needed a nap after that so I drove the kids to all the things and now will float around in the pool for an hour before I shower and change for opening night of Shrek the Musical.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Apparently Wifey experienced Layla go into pit "squat and fight" mode yesterday, and it scared the living shit out of her. There is a house with two relatively large, aggressive dogs on their walk route that were banging into the fence so hard she thought it was going to get knocked over. Layla stopped, went wide stance, squatted, bared teeth, and started a guttural growl that she's never heard from her before. Layla is the most docile dog you can imagine, CO monkey's can confirm.

She said it scared the hell out of her and she had trouble getting Layla moving again. She didn't know what to do if the dogs got out. Uh... let the leash go? She's part pit, shar pei, great dane, and great pyrenees. They might be larger dogs, but half her breeds are fighting dogs and the others are guard dogs. Let her loose and see what happens. Also, thumb in butt.
give her a steak and belly rub for guarding miss stoney....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my rage against the atm machine tickets showed up for sunday...

wheeeee.....

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
eat some wings today.

got an inch and a half of much needed rain last night.
It’s absolutely pissing down here. Probably got an inch in the time I wrote this post. It’s so loud, a roar. Woke me up, which is annoying because I got drunk and fell asleep on the couch last night. Came to bed at 4:30am, much to my wife’s delight.

Coming in waves:

EB152484-250B-4793-92F6-572629658E79.jpeg

Last edited:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I’ve been involved with racing (not all bikes) in one form or another for pretty much my entire life. For some reason I always figured that watching an XC mountain bike race would be boring.

I was wrong.

Those two short course races I just watched were unbelievable. Just awesome. 10/10.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I’ve been involved with racing (not all bikes) in one form or another for pretty much my entire life. For some reason I always figured that watching an XC mountain bike race would be boring.

I was wrong.

Those two short course races I just watched were unbelievable. Just awesome. 10/10.
xc racing has gotten really good the last few years.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

I was wrong.

DH is great, but it's a time trial, you're never racing against other people, just the clock. The XC and short track can be great to watch on a good course.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
next stop...your own hedge fund...?

conga rats.....
CFP. More about working with normal folks, actually. If I wanted to go that route, I would have stayed at the investment bank. And gotten my CFA. And thrown away my morals.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

I was wrong.

if you're up there until sunday the xc race is fun to watch. also you'd better pm jackalope and suboptimus...fun crew for sure. now make sure your backpack is loaded with the appropriate amount of beer and snacks for tomorrow and get out there early!

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
if you're up there until sunday the xc race is fun to watch. also you'd better pm jackalope and suboptimus...fun crew for sure. now make sure your backpack is loaded with the appropriate amount of beer and snacks for tomorrow and get out there early!
Unfortunately have to head home this morning or I’d totally hit them up!