Quantcast

Navy SEALs just got a brand new toy!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SLEEK SNIPER: AS50 Semi-Automatic Rifle
The Navy SEALs just got a new weapon for the war on terror: a .50 caliber rifle light enough to carry, and easy enough to disassemble in three minutes. Check out the fruits of NSWC Crane and Accuracy International's labors.

By David Crane
Editor, DefenseReview.com

Looks like the U.S. Navy SEALs just got a brand new tool for the War on Terror. The boys at NSWC Crane (Crane Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane, Indiana) have apparently been busy little beavers -- one of the projects they've been working on is a little .50 BMG (12.7x99mm) bad boy, the AS50 Semi-Automatic Rifle, and it's the result of NSWC Crane's teaming with Accuracy International (AI).
(MORE...)

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I am sure some good ole buddy of GWB with the help of the NRA will have that puppy on a Walmart shelf in a matter of days.

sisu

Chimp
Sep 20, 2005
rural
50 cal, **** they pack a punch. Thanks for the post I like it, especially since hunting season is in full swing.
By the way bikes afford easy access to some great hunting in the fall and spring.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
sisu said:
50 cal, **** they pack a punch. Thanks for the post I like it, especially since hunting season is in full swing.
By the way bikes afford easy access to some great hunting in the fall and spring.
:think:

Would there be anything left to eat if you hit something with that gun?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
maybe if you were shooting an elephant, rhino, polar bear, etc

i really don't think he was talking about hunting with that though, just mentioned hunting after he :drool:'d about the gun.

personally id just like to shoot at inanimate objects with it and watch them explode

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
narlus said:
did anyone else immediately think of this?:

Actually yes....

Like the dolts at the "secret riding spot" in Seattle that used to haul washing machines and TV's and stuff to shoot at...and leave it all in the woods to rot. Shell casings and all......

People who whoot are idiots. There. I said it.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
VERY NICE...
Thanks for the pictures...My bud was a SEAL Sniper..Those dudes are operators !!

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
MMike said:
Actually yes....

Like the dolts at the "secret riding spot" in Seattle that used to haul washing machines and TV's and stuff to shoot at...and leave it all in the woods to rot. Shell casings and all......

People who whoot are idiots. There. I said it.

wonderful...so how bout the responsible ones? i guess you think guns are bad and evil too huh?

so you don't mind the drivers that say 'all bikers are idiots' then???

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
I just can't believe "ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER" of all people banned the .50 cal in California .....!

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
bigdrop05 said:
I just can't believe "ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER" of all people banned the .50 cal in California .....!

Oh come on.. have you seen the screw-ups who live in that state?

The sharpest thing any of them should be allowed to have is a rubber ball!

:p

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
N8 said:
Oh come on.. have you seen the screw-up who live in that state?

The sharpest thing any of them should be allowed to have is a rubber ball!

:p

Choke on your ball gag you poser.

jon cross

Monkey
Jan 27, 2004
Banner Elk, NC
Yeah, you really have to worry about that kind of weapon being available to the public too... Soon every thug with 3 grand for a rifle (not to mention 6 dollars per round) will be toting one of them. Seriously, that's a pretty jacked up thing to lose sleep over. I wouldn't use them hunting... ever. We were told in training that a BMG round doesn't need to hit you to kill you, if it's close enough the energy behind an 840 grain round moving at over 2000 fps is more than enough to tear you apart. I'd like one in my platoon for sure, but not in deer camp.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BikeGeek said:
Google "nastymeds.wmv"
Those ain't people....

That is from a varmit hunting video... those are not people but lil' furry animals (prairie dogs) in the US southwest being shot with a tiny little .177 cal round that is hauling ass.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
N8 said:
Those ain't people....

That is from a varmit hunting video... those are not people but lil' furry animals (prairie dogs) in the US southwest being shot with a tiny little .177 cal round that is hauling ass.
You're a much better troll than that Fetal Expulsion bloke. :dead:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
ridetoofast said:
damn it sure is awful powerl looking for just a .177 i wonder what the muzzle velocity is

also, how did you debunk it? where did you find that out?
Correction: Conjecture on my part - .17 cal; pushing a 20 gain bullet at over 4200 feet per sec... common for shooting varmits.

Look at it objectively...check the scale of things like the trees and the grassy area at the end when the cam pulls back.

Varmint hunter yes...sniper no.

Source:
http://www.rmvh.com/Movies/ChucksShort3.wmv