Quantcast

NBA 2K6 on the XBox 360

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Now if this isn't damn near perfect, I don't know what is:

btw, the game is the best NBA sim I've ever played... awesome.

Someone over @ TXB forum posted this picture. Both of these shots are HD SHOTS(720P) The top-1 is a shot from NBA 2K6. The bottom-1 is from NBA on TNT. The person flipped the TNT picture so that the players would be in almost the same identical position as the players in 2K. I don't know about anyone else but there's hardly a difference. KUDOS TO VC on a gr-8 game....

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
West Hartford
HDTV goes a long way with the new 360 in terms of graphics performance. Without it, it's barely above the original. Needless to say, my ass is buying an HDTV AND NBA 2K6. That **** looks sweet!

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
Just wait for about another 9-12 months, then the programers will be able to utilize the graphic powers of the 360. But yeah, HD is wear it is at, that and at least 5.1 surround sound.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
JimmyTwoTimes said:
HDTV goes a long way with the new 360 in terms of graphics performance. Without it, it's barely above the original. Needless to say, my ass is buying an HDTV AND NBA 2K6. That **** looks sweet!

so you are gonna buy $1500+ TV and a $400 game system just to play a basektball game? Sounds kinda lame to me :p

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
you gotta point there. it only costs me $4 each tuesday night and I'm sure I get a much better workout. xbox 360 looks so damn good though, so much better than the original xbox. i got to play that new ww2 game at compusa and I was really impressed.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Changleen said:
PS3 is gonna kick it's ass.
from what I hear it could be a while before it's released. I heard some rumors that they were having trouble with the console heating up so much that it was melting.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
dfinn said:
from what I hear it could be a while before it's released. I heard some rumors that they were having trouble with the console heating up so much that it was melting.
that's true. The american developers had to send back the first round of development boxes... right now they have nothing ... so it'll be 12 months (at least) before we see PS3 games from US developers.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
JimmyTwoTimes said:
To an extent, you're right... the 360 was designed for HD... right too for the job. On HD, games look brilliant.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Changleen said:
PS3 is gonna kick it's ass.
it had better, but sony needs to stop jacking around & get moving on it... my feeling is that we'll see PS3s in the US next christmas if we're lucky. By then, the games on XBox 360 will be on their second year of development & show some real maturity, unlike the PS3 games that will most likely be coming out @ that time.