Quantcast

NBR: A quick vid from last weekend

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
BCD- will the limited slip (is that what LSD) mean you can break the rear end out easier while cornering? Do you have any photos of your car? It's a BMW, right? I'm not that into vehicles with more than 2 wheels, but rally and baja-style stuff get me all fuzzy inside.

Oh, and Jensen, Dan built that truck from scratch. 4wd, 18/24" f/r wheel travel, 3800lbs or something, supercharged, 3 link rear end, full cage, 5 pt harnesses, the whole deal.

Here's the step by step building of the truck:
http://www.desertrides.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4876

Before the Thule bike rack:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
BCD- will the limited slip (is that what LSD) mean you can break the rear end out easier while cornering? Do you have any photos of your car? It's a BMW, right? I'm not that into vehicles with more than 2 wheels, but rally and baja-style stuff get me all fuzzy inside.

Oh, and Jensen, Dan built that truck from scratch. 4wd, 18/24" f/r wheel travel, 3800lbs or something, supercharged, 3 link rear end, full cage, 5 pt harnesses, the whole deal.

Here's the step by step building of the truck:
6[/url]

Before the Thule bike rack:

yeah a LSD keeps both wheels turning so you don't get the one wheel
spin. there are more of less lockup points for tarmac and dirt. but for dirt i have found stock lock up fine. way cheaper. i got this one from a
guy who pulls them for a living out of a e30 318i auto convertible.
b/c it was an auto and heavy from the convertible bmw gives it a
4.5 diff to push all that weight.

for learning about cheep rally cars go here. rally anarchy

i have not have a car built up for about 6 years and when i did it had a
trashed 2.0 4 cylinder. my new car hasa 2.7 six monster and i am
moding a mustang t5 tranny to fit b/c of its 2.95 first gear. gives me
a closer ratio to 4th 1-1. 1-1 6k rpm with my new 4.5 diff only tops
@ 95 but gets there very fast!

http://bcdracing.com/pics/rally/rally.html
few bmw photos in my site. mostly old 2002, e30 rally stuff just search you tube. here is my fave. m3 in finland

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos

Sick, those old 2002's are awesome! I've always liked those. They have a cool style. There's a Datsun in a similar body style to the 2002 for sale in town, but all my $ is getting saved for racing and maybe a dirt bike.

These are rad.

My favorite