Quantcast

NBR - Change of Life and my Cat

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Made a decision last night (prepping to go to the parentses and talk it over with them)...it results to a change of life (more on that later), that I'm working towards.

With all big changes that don't fit what anyone thought you were doing in your "life", some things end up being sacrificed...

I have about 5 months...to find the best home I can for my girl Gravey (cat - see pics).

I figured I'd post on here first to see if anyone were interested...

Mix Cat - 1/2 Siamese 1/2 Calico
She talks
She likes having her belly rubbed when you first come home from work
She's 99.995% indoor kitty. Her .005% of outdoors is always carefully supervised and usually goes no further than a backyard patio.
She's small, and very active, curious, and fun. She's my companion and my best friend so this is really hard...
She comes with lots of toys to keep her entertained (9' cat tree, toys and brushes galore, a window hassock, couple months worth of food etc).
She probably needs to go into a home where there's no more than one other kitty...and that kitty probably needs to be pretty mellow (in my experience, indoor cats generally are). She'll do okay with doggies too...
The catch is, I have to believe you will love my baby girl and be there for her in ways that I cannot.

This part of my change will be, by far, the hardest, and I'm already very sad knowing that it has to happen.

I may re-post this thread once a month or so if no one bites on here...dunno yet. I'm also going to discuss with coworkers, and close friends/family.

PM me or post here if you think, ya maybe.

Thanks!

Jen

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I hope that this is a positive change for you.

I feel for you about the kitty. We have to find a home for two cats who still live at the house we moved out of. The friends that are sub-letting can't care for them closely anymore. We only see the cats once a week, and they need a better home.

One comment: maybe you should post a pic that doesn't make your cat look possessed?

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Hahahha - I didn't even think of the red-eye thing. Her eyes are very pale blue, and I don't have a single photo of her where they aren't glowing.

And yep...she talks :D You just have to listen. She likes to sit outside my shower and chatter at me in the evenings...and the moment I come home when she gets her after-work belly rubbin session.

The change of life is something I've dreamed of...it's time, it's a good thing, it'll take some work to earn it. :thumb:
Let's just say, it's killing me to be so young and watching my dreams pass by while I settle into this "normal" status-quo life that I've never wanted...so I'm going to chase my dreams with someone who's everything to me.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Big B said:
What is 'normal' these days? It's getting hard to tell...
hahaha - well god willing, I sure as hell don't get lumped into some sorta status quo group at some point in my life...

I'm in it for the ride ;)

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Let's just say - someone once told me, after knowing me many years, that the current path I was on would lead to a life of work without love, and that in itself is a fairly empty life.
While, I disagree that I was incapable of pursuing interests besides work, I recognize in myself that I have a bad tendency of pursuing work beyond reason, and will compromise my health, my family, and my relationships.

I've been slowly working towards a place where I can change all of that, and I'm very nearly there, and have made the commitment that I will take some time and learn more about me, about the world, other people, and chase some dreams I've had for a long long time.
It's all hush-hush for a bit, I don't want to overcommit myself too early. Let's just say, I'm excited, happy, and dogged in my determination to fully achieve my life change. (think of it as a mid-life crisis...only in your 20s so you can enjoy the fruits before you reach mid-age)

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Well I'm all for figuring out want makes you happy in life, especially sooner than later. I wish the best for you.

I guess I'm pretty simple. Right now I'm dreaming of A-line. :drool: The first time felt better than the first time...wink, wink, nudge, nudge. That makes me pretty happy.