Quantcast

NBR: F1 - McLaren talkin some smack...

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Ron Dennis isn't known for talking too much trash - I'm thinking Raikkonen will kick some butt in Germany this weekend. Thoughts?

Article attached from f1-live.com:

Dennis super-confident ahead of Hockenheim

McLaren Mercedes has not been as close to victory in '04 as it will be at the Hockenheim Grand Prix track on Sunday, company CEO Ron Dennis said on Wednesday.

The Briton confirmed that even more upgrades feature on the 'B' MP4- 19B.

"Put it this way," he told the Times "the car will definitely be faster at Hockenheim that at Silverstone."

There, at McLaren's local circuit in Northamptonshire, Kimi Raikkonen snared pole and ran Ferrari champ Michael Schumacher close in the British Grand Prix.

Dennis thinks the Finn might beat F1's top German on Sunday.

He said: "Based on our experience [of] Grand Prix racing, there will have to be something in the pipeline coming from BAR or Renault or Ferrari. I think we'll take a step forward that won't be matched."

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
i dont know about win but a podium is highly likely, the 19B is a vast improvment, and after watching McLaren in the last 2 grand prix's i have a renewed hope for them.
if its true and the car is definitly faster, then i can definitly imagine him biting at shumies heels again, but its gonna take quite a jump forward in performance to actually take a win off of shumie.

and lets not discount coultard here, he's in the same car, if he gets his setup dialed this weekend then he also has a very good chance of a podium.

i'm gonna put some faith in ron dennis and i believe that the 19B has a good chance of a podium at least, but only time will tell if its capable of a win.
Ron must have a good reason to be confident, as you say he isnt known for his trash talking.
i'm gonna be quietly confident that McLaren can pull something special this weekend.