Quantcast

NBR: I wanna suzuki samurai

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
my buddy had one of these in high school. If you stuck your arm out the window at speed, the car would start swerving.

legend_killer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
C-town, NC
BurlyShirley said:
my buddy had one of these in high school. If you stuck your arm out the window at speed, the car would start swerving.
but they make great rock crawlers and are cheaper then jeeps to build up.

JT

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I think I might know where one is here in Norfolk.

But its bright/peptobismol pink...

Don't listen to those guys.

I had an old roommate that had a Slamuri, and it was awsome. Get rid of the pizza cutter tires and put some wider tires and you are good to go. You can really get thme to corner well with the right tires.

Four wheeling in them is great. They are so narrow and the wheelbase so short, they really go over anything. Except mudholes, they don't do so good there.

I'd say get a couple of engines if you can. You can litteraly pul it out by yourself.I think it weighs like 185 punds, and they come right out the top.

I wouldn't mind geting one to go up to windrock and double my fun.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
lol considering you want a long wheel base and a wider set up with a four wheel drive vehicle so you dont flip it and you can really go over anything. thats why rock crawlers are extended and widend for a wider platform and more stability.:clue:

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
There is actually an offroad shop just outside of Oliver Springs (Windrock Area) that specializes in modifying Suzuki Samurais. They have like 4 of them out front with lift kits and huge tires.

The place is called R&S Offroad. The guys there are pretty cool.

If you are ever in the area, PM me and i will give you directions to their shop.

legend_killer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
C-town, NC
frznnomad said:
lol considering you want a long wheel base and a wider set up with a four wheel drive vehicle so you dont flip it and you can really go over anything. thats why rock crawlers are extended and widend for a wider platform and more stability.:clue:
sorry but thats wrong for rock crawling you want something that is long and narrow, better going up and down and you can pick better lines thru the rocks, this is why CJ-6's and CJ-8's are so popular.

JT

wishihadmoney

Monkey
Dec 1, 2005
Boone, NC
we got 1...dunno if its fer sale..ide like to sell it cause we abondoned the idea of lifting it a while back..my cousin has 1 with an 8 inch lift ill get some pics of it tomorrow....

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
wishihadmoney said:
we got 1...dunno if its fer sale..ide like to sell it cause we abondoned the idea of lifting it a while back..my cousin has 1 with an 8 inch lift ill get some pics of it tomorrow....
Your name is "WishIhadMoney" of course its ****ing for sale :rofl: