Quantcast

NBR - I was hoping for less injuries surfing

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
not so much. Hurricane Ike washed away the beach and created new sandbars. The replacement sand has almost totally washed away and added to the shifting sandbars. Lost track of where the ‘new’ outside sand bar was, took a header and dragged my face across the bottom. Surfed for about an hour after it happened, it burned but caught a couple of good ones and a couple of crazy looks on the water and in the grocery store afro.

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
That's a good one. Speaking of surfing related injuries...any tips for not getting board shorts rash on the inner thigh area?

Also, do you think you can you FedEx a sandbar? By next weekend the local beach will be one long closeout. :(

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008
That's a good one. Speaking of surfing related injuries...any tips for not getting board shorts rash on the inner thigh area?

Also, do you think you can you FedEx a sandbar? By next weekend the local beach will be one long closeout. :(
the way i finally dealt with this - and i hate to admit it, is i just started wearing my spring suit all the time unless it was really really warm. i get better thigh coverage with that than my board shorts.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown

Don't wax all the way to the rails, you can have all our sandbar you'd like. Pm you addy