Quantcast

NBR - Lawn and garden care...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
So I moved to a house with a lawn. First time I've had to mow a lawn in about 20 years.

Luckily the house we're renting had a push mower in the shed from the former tenants. I hate gas mowers, and most electric ones (as I remember at least) are hella weak.

Question for lawn care monkies:

Is it ok to leave some (or all) trimmings spread out on the lawn? I've heard that this is actually beneficial. We've had plenty of rain, but there are still some dead looking patches here and there, and some patches grow really heavy and green. (same sunlight)

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Quit being a retro-grouch and go get a nice mulching mower. You can leave the clippings on the lawn but with a muching mower it chops everything up nice and small so you dont end up with a bunch of brown grass clippings covering your lawn. If you get something with more than 5hp you shouldnt have a problem unless you have super dense grass, in which case you might want like 7-10hp.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
You may even be able to just get a mulching blade for the current gas mower you have in which case it would be fine to not bag the clippings.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Westy said:
An ugly unkept yard is the true sign of an avid moutainbiker.
In my town im pretty sure you can get fined for not mowing your lawn in the historical district. So far no has tried it though, our lawn isnt mowed from June until September... :D