Quantcast

NBR new White Stripes album ICKY THUMP !

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Well not bike relted but i thought I'd mention this in the urban fourm. A friend in the music biz sent me an advanced copy of the new White Stipes Album ICKY THUMP ..... all I can say is it's good ......REALLY GOOD !!! :clapping: Jack and Meg have relly ourdone themselves with this new record !!
If you like the White Stripes go to I tunes and download the first single it rocks !!!

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge

From the reviews I've read they claim this album will be "heavier" than the last few. Sounds good so far....

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
Just downloaded the first single - going to be rocking it at "The Spot" during this evening's throw down....

and the Black Keys are pretty much my favorite group right now Leethal - been a fan for a while, nice to see them get more exposure with the "Black Snake Moan" soundtrack

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Awesome, I'll be picking that up for sure.

I've seen the Black Keys a few years ago, possibly their first tour, and they were excellent live! I think they also may have been the first whiteys on fat possum too, haha... RIP R.L. Burnside and T Model Ford.

"The Blues is ROOTS, everything else is fruits." dig it, and ponder that one for a sec.
It always grows, but that sound that sends chills down your spine to your foot, tellin' it to tap, will never change.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
"I'm going to Wichita!" I love that, cuz that's where I'm from.

TWS are rad. But, Spoon is the greatest band rockin right now.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Icky Thump is out TODAY !

Go to I tunes and download the new White-Stripes album why? cus it rocks !
Jack and MEg have done it again with true rock and roll blues influenced bangers like 300M.P.H and Catch Hell Blues , for all those Die hard White Stripes fans out there don't worry there are still the hard rocking songs you have come to expect from Jack and Meg on this album also songs like You don't know what love is And I'm slowly turing into you !

I highly recommend this album to everyone , if you like Blues Rock and Roll and hard Guitar riffs with banging drum lines then this might be the best album you hear this year !

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Icky Thump is out TODAY !

Go to I tunes and download the new White-Stripes album why? cus it rocks !
Jack and MEg have done it again with true rock and roll blues influenced bangers like 300M.P.H and Catch Hell Blues , for all those Die hard White Stripes fans out there don't worry there are still the hard rocking songs you have come to expect from Jack and Meg on this album also songs like You don't know what love is And I'm slowly turing into you !

I highly recommend this album to everyone , if you like Blues Rock and Roll and hard Guitar riffs with banging drum lines then this might be the best album you hear this year !
I'll have to check it. The new Spoon album is out on July 10. But, the whole thing is streaming for free right now. Check the radness...

http://www.mergerecords.com/gagagajuke/

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
For reals??? That's cool. Yeah, that's where I'm from. I raced BMX in Wichita from like '87 to '95. When did you race?
After that. Would've been like '96, '97 to 2000, 2001. Do you ever get back there? My parents and the rest of the family live in Great Bend on a farm, bout as baron as it gets. I've got some good dirt jumps built out there though. Should definately hit me up if you're ever back in the hood, I'm not far off from where I live now. Fvck I hated living in Kansas.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Icky thump is amazing. I am piss broke and I'm happy that I picked it up. That genre has been in a slump ever since RFTC stopped putting out records.

On other news, has anyone heard the new Bad Religion album yet? You can call me Harbl, because I Am Enjoy. I am definitely throwing down cash for the real thing when it drops.

ReVolVeRage

Monkey
Dec 28, 2006
MD/ NYC
Icky thump is amazing. I am piss broke and I'm happy that I picked it up. That genre has been in a slump ever since RFTC stopped putting out records.

On other news, has anyone heard the new Bad Religion album yet? You can call me Harbl, because I Am Enjoy. I am definitely throwing down cash for the real thing when it drops.
1. I love your avatar.
2. Less Than Jake is by far one of my favorite bands, are youon the forums? I've got a good friend who is, but that is irreguadless.
3. Is ICKY THUMP worth the $20 odd bucks? I like the song, and the stripes, but I don't like where they are going with their "new sound". I loved the "Fell In Love With a Girl" era, that song was so good, along with that video! Than agian, I love that poppy rock stuff. I'm such a girl sometimes.

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
Listened to them on Kwad today and man the sound good, I used to be into bad religion back in middle school the old stuff was sick not to big of a fan of their new stuff, I saw em in concert and was backstage they ROCK, pennywise is also an altime favorite. Rage against the machine is gonna be playin in SF in a lil while but im pretty sure they all sold out. Good they getting back togeather.