Quantcast

NBR:Snowboard Boots

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
I just got my first snowboard. I was hoping to learn this year, but the broken arm delayed that. Still hoping i can get up to the mountain next month. I am looking at boots and i am wondering. What are the guidelines for sizing. I wear a 10.5 shoe, so do i need to buy a slightly larger boot? Thanks for input?

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Actually from when we got our new gear, they told us you generally go down a size. I wear an11 and my boots are a size 10 (which I haven't been able to wear since I was about 10 years old!)

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Velocity Girl said:
Actually from when we got our new gear, they told us you generally go down a size. I wear an11 and my boots are a size 10 (which I haven't been able to wear since I was about 10 years old!)
Damn for a girl you've got big feet! You just gotta try different boots. Buy what is most comfortable. I use a 10.5 and my snowboard boots are 11's. I like to have the extra room.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
If you want any performance at all DOWN SIZE (or atleast buy what you measure NOT what you wear in a street shoe)! I have been in the biz for ~ 15 yrs. I know of what i speak. Find a reputable snowbaord specific shop (sno-con, boarderline, northwest, etc) and try on as many different models and brands as possible and spend some time in them. Ask about a fit guarantee most shops that know what is up with boot fittiing will guarantee their boot fits.

BTW shoe size = 10.5-11
snowbaord boot = 27cm ~ 9

scbiker06

Chimp
Sep 6, 2005
Washington
well it depends if your feet are still growing like mine... i'm 13 and i wear an 8 shoe and i have size 9 boots... also it depends what type boots they are. i have 32's. vans run about the same.

Jun 18, 2004
I always thought that boots are like shoes in that they run big or small depending on the manufacturer... all I know is that it sucks if your boots pack up and you have to loosen and reset/tie them...