Quantcast

NBR - The P II 300's Getting Old So...

I just ordered a new toy:

OptiPlex GX620 MT with Int Broadcom® GbNIC Intel® Pentium® D Processor 820 (2.8GHz,DC,2X1M,800MHz FSB)
Windows® XP Professional, SP2, with Media
File System NTFS
Memory 2.0GB DDR2 Non-ECC SDRAM,533MHz, (2DIMM)
Dell USB Keyboard, No Hot Keys
Video Card PCIe 128MB ATI Radeon X600SE (1 DVI/1 TV-out), full height
Boot Hard Drive 80GB SATA, 10,000 RPM Hard Drive with 8MB Data Burst Cache
Additional Hard Drives 160GB SATA II, 7200 RPM Hard Drive with 8MG Data Burst Cache
Mouse Dell USB 2-Button Optical Mouse with Scroll
Removable Media Storage Devices 16X DVD+/-RW,w/Sonic Digital Media and Cyberlink Power DVD
Serial Port Adapter PS2 Serial port adapter, full height
Security Software McAfee Security Center® 15 Month Subscription, English

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Looks nice.

I hope, as narlus said, you have a good monitor to go along with that and are not still using the one that came with the P II 300 ;)

LCDs have come a long way... My 19" UltraSharp is the size of a 21" CRT, surpasses any CRT I've ever owned in image quality, and was only $219...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
johnbryanpeters said:
Not that I noticed - landed cost $1,764-.
Ah at work we got some sort of automatic brokage firm discount on Dells - never bought one for myself though.

Always bought the 170s for desktops since the company likes to pinch every penny.

Prebuilt machines can be cheaper with all the discounts they run and it is kinda nice not have to deal with the potential hassles of building it yourself.

Next time I get a computer for myself I think I will buy a prebuilt and just swap/ebay the stuff I want to improve.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
johnbryanpeters said:
I'm sticking with my old Samsung SyncMaster 950P - I'd really like a flat screen, but if I got one I'd want a 21" and can't see dropping another grand at this time.
See my dell coupon thread (it's about monitors). $520 will get you the most kick ass widescreen 21" LCD I have ever seen. It is HDTV compatible, and has just about every video input known to man.