NBR Who is dumber here?

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
The dealership or the thieves? :rolleyes:

http://www.news10.net/storyfull2.aspx?storyid=14798

Rare Ford GT Stolen Off Manteca Showroom Floor

"Some bold car thieves remain on the loose after stealing, crashing and dumping one of the most powerful Ford models ever.

The car in question is a limited production Ford GT packing 550 horsepower. The theft was discovered when a Manteca police officer on patrol noticed the bright red car crashed on Locust Street. It appeared the thieves lost control of the car and went over a curb, destroying tires, rims, a fender, mirrors and more to the tune. Damages amount to about $30,000, according to Phil Waterford of Manteca Ford Mercury.

Waterford said the thieves wanted the car badly. The break-in happened about 4 a.m. Tuesday. "They kicked in the back door, came down the hallway, then used crowbars to open the other doors," said Waterford. From there they "broke open a safe and found the keys to the car."

That wasn't all. Waterford said that in order to start the GT, the thieves found the battery charger and jumped it. They pushed a Mustang belonging to rapper 50 Cent out of the way and from the damage that was caused, probably fished-tailed the GT out the showroom's double doors.

At that point, "they took a Navigator and rammed through the fence," Waterford said. The building didn't have an alarm system.

Waterford is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the persons responsible.

The GT is nicknamed the "Ferrari Killer." According to Waterford, in the 1960s the Ford Motor Company tried to buy Ferrari but was rebuffed. Instead it built the GT. The car's specifications include a zero to 60 acceleration time of three seconds. The GT's top speed is rated at over 200 mph. Only 500 of the models are manufactured each year.

Waterford said his dealership has sold five of the GTs this year. The manufacturer's suggested retail price is $160,000."

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i've seen 3 GT40s here in Austin. the first one was at Home Depot. this elder man and i were admiring it, while his wife and my girlfriend were discussing the fact that "it's just a car." saw a black one yesterday...god those cars are damn sweet.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My vote is for the jackasses that went to that much effort to steal a car worth that much only to crash it into something.

A few years back some kids from my home town stole an original AC Cobra out of an old man's garage (valued at over $600K) and sold it to a guy in Sacramento for $10k. The guy who bought it was busted when he tried to register it and said he didn't know it was stolen. You would think he would have gotten a clue when he bought it for that cheap with no titile...