Quantcast

NC GOP Wipes Arse with Constitution, News at 11

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Lawmakers In North Carolina Introduce Bill To Adopt An Official State Religion

(CBS Charlotte) — Republican lawmakers in the state of North Carolina are pushing to adopt an official state religion that would deem the state exempt from court rulings and, wait for it…the Constitution.

House Bill 494 originated out of Rowan County, where two GOP lawmakers (backed by nine other Republicans,) filed the legislation after a lawsuit threatened to prohibit county commissioners in Rowan County from beginning their meeting with a Christian prayer. According to wral.com, the legislation grew out of a dispute between the American Civil Liberties Union and the Rowan County Board of Commissioners. In a federal lawsuit filed last month, the ACLU says the board has opened 97 percent of its meetings since 2007 with explicitly Christian prayers.
Way to go assholes. What part of separation of church and state is not crystal clear ?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
amazing what a lack of Education on the part of the citizenry will bring forth
Yeah, I was thing something along those lines. Traditionally this state has a history of anti-education. Ex Senator Jesse Helms voted down almost every education bill. Looks like the GOP's aggressive vilifying of education is paying off for them as current republican lawmakers appear to have no previous knowledge of the Constitution.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
This state just really fails to grasp that part of the constitution. One of our local politicians also is an active executive at Samaritans Purse. Of course he claims there is no conflict of interest but the Grahams control that bitch like a little puppet.

Last edited:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
the only smart people in NC are the transplants. if it weren't for them, NC would probably be a third world country.
Not true and kind of offensive bro. I'm not going to neg rep you for the comment because we do have our fair share of mouth-breathers, but we also have plenty of transplants that are Neanderthals as well.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not true and kind of offensive bro. I'm not going to neg rep you for the comment because we do have our fair share of mouth-breathers, but we also have plenty of transplants that are Neanderthals as well.
well i stand corrected, bro. Nationally ranked, NC is in fact above the 50th percentile. Barely. 21/50 with a C+ grade of 77.7. You actually managed to squeak by the national average by 8/10 of a point!

http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2013/01/10/16sos.h32.html?tkn=RLRF+4mUV1fjxGZAPk7Od/fW1p2K2SFHTAx9&cmp=clp-edweek&intc=EW-QC13-EWH

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
states' rights, bitchez

you gotta problem w/ that? just make sure you don't get unwanted attention from obama's drones

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
13th, b!tches. Although I'm extremely suspect of any list on "education" that has Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Jersey, West Virginia and Kentucky in the top 10. :think:
statistics can say anything you want them to.

THe only thing I can really take away from it is that the american education system as a whole and in general is total crap.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
From the party that brought you lower taxes and smaller government.....

A bill filed in the N.C. Senate Tuesday has some UNC students concerned about their ability to vote in future elections.

Senate Bill 667, also known as “Equalize Voter Rights,” would force voting students to travel home or vote absentee — or see their parents face higher taxes.

The bill prevents parents from claiming college students as dependents in the state income tax if their child is registered to vote at his or her college address.

Critics of the bill, sponsored by six Republican senators, say it is a move to suppress college voters.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Raleigh, N.C. — A House resolution supporting the creation of an official religion in North Carolina will never come to a vote, officials said Thursday.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
the only smart people in NC are the transplants. if it weren't for them, NC would probably be
a third world country.
That is gold.
We need more of "you's guys" to polish off this Korea project with all of that book-learnin' and pleasant demeanor.

Plus...and I have no idea why anyone hasn't pointed this out yet, we have a lottery! ....A lottery, y'all! So, we must be getting smarter because we're throwing money at the problem, right?