Quantcast

NC got a new jump today

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
And, this motter is huge.

It's a big curved kicker over 22' long, like a 5' high kicker. Like a ski launch. It's a 25' step down dropping about 12'. The lip of the ramp is almost 8' off the ground with a 15' high steep hillside for a lander. It goes into a 20' creek gap, then a nice bermed turn.

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
There may be bigger jumps round, but, I haven't seen any in this state. There is nothing sketch about this one either. It was inspired by the Monster Park at Snowshoe.

Much of the stuff here at Tar River is intentionally propressive. To facilitate a learning curve. Jumps you can hit easy or take 'em for all they're worth. Not this one. You come up short and bike and body will be carried out in pieces. But no worries the run up is 50 yards long and drops 20'. You can hammer it for all the speed you need. An over shot will just put you further down the lander. Not a problem as long as you line up to the kicker for the creek gap (a slight right turn).

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
man that jump aint big, that kid is just real small...... :help:

seriously though TM why ya gotta keep building stuff that is so scary?ya gonna get Jody out there to hit that thing or what?i know i sure am not next time i am there.

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
Why? Because I can!

You're right, the kid isn't quite 5' tall. That's Conner, he's 9 years old . The way he hit's things, he'll be pro at 16. Got to give him something to shoot for.

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Heh if i stand behind the lip( assuming brian left it where the framing was when we set it in), its taller then me and im 5 feet 4 inches short. You know being a troll and all im not so tall either.

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
cool! about how far is this tar river place from charlotte?
08-23-2005 02:30 PM
Tar River is about 3 hours from Charlotte. bRad knows the way.

if i wanted to die i would hit that it would suck if u fell
Tar Rule #1 NO DIEING ALLOWED. Suicides are not an option. If your plan on falling you probably will.

its taller then me and im 5 feet 4 inches short. You know being a troll and all im not so tall either.
Yeah, Zach, you can walk under the structure we put up. I used the cedar posts just as we put them up. (I did adjust the crossmember a little to line things up.) The lip is just under 8' over the ground. Trolls, dwarfs or leprechauns would have to stack two high to touch the lip.