Quantcast

NCAA brackets

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm bored, so might as well talk about brackets...

I don't do pools anymore, I just fill out the bracket for fun.

My Final 8 is:
Illinois
Arizona
Georgia Tech
Wake
UNC
UConn
Duke
Syracuse
Utah
Kentucky

Final 4 is:
Illinois
GT
UConn
Duke

UConn beats Illinois for the championship

No real huge upsets in my bracket... GT over Washingon, Texas Tech over Gonzaga, GT over Wake, Wisconsin over Kansas, Utah over Oklahoma.

What's everyone else think?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
jacksonpt said:
UConn beats Illinois for the championship

What's everyone else think?
I haven't done mine yet, but here's what I think bout yours. I really don't see UCON repeating this year. True, they have a very good team this year, but I just don't see them making it all the way. In your bracket, who does UNC lose to in the Elite 8? I ask because I'm pretty sure they'll be in my Final 4. Otherwise, I have no opinion on your bracket.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My final eight:

North Carolina
Connecticut
Syracuse
Kentucky
Illinois
Oklahoma State
Louisville
Wake Forest

Final Four:
North Carolina
Kentucky
Oklahoma State
Louisville

NC beating Louisville in the finals.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
reflux said:
I haven't done mine yet, but here's what I think bout yours. I really don't see UCON repeating this year. True, they have a very good team this year, but I just don't see them making it all the way. In your bracket, who does UNC lose to in the Elite 8? I ask because I'm pretty sure they'll be in my Final 4. Otherwise, I have no opinion on your bracket.
Elite 8:
UConn beats UNC
Duke beats Kentucky
Georgia Tech beats Wake Forest
Illinois beats Arizona

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Florida is the hottest team in the country right now.

Of course that means we will probably get upset in the first round :mad:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Take some advice from a long-time Syracuse fan, who grew up there watching them. Syracuse plays too much zone and CAN'T rebound. They will lose to the first big team they play, unless they magically have learned to box-out since the regular season. Uconn and Pitt ripped them this year because of 2nd and 3rd chances all through the games. I predict they lose before the elite 8.

$.02

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I have UNC winning most of my brackets with Illinois winning the others. I really like Arizona and Louisville. My final four is those two, UNC and Duke. I have Cincinatti beating Kentucky and by the way they are handlind Iowa right now it's looking good.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
so far so good.

I took Pacific over Pitt because Wilbon (on PTI) liked them and because they finished the season weak. I took wisc-bg over alabama because I had to take a 12 over a 5, and it was either that game or new mexico/villanova, and villanova finished the season too strong to pick against them. Now I just gotta hold out hope that Texas Tech makes it to the sweet 16.

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
chicodude01 said:
ugh don't rub it in. i thought i would kill the radio when i was listening to them. but on the bright side, none of my old man's picks made it either. he decided to pick the highest seed in each bracket so he went out before i did. man. syracuse. WHAT was i thinking?!?!?!

good to see bobby knight taking it to gonzaga though! :sneaky:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
bigginsis said:
good to see bobby knight taking it to gonzaga though! :sneaky:

Why does gonzaga always get such a high seed? Last two years they have lost in the first round. They suck.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
chicodude01 said:
Why does gonzaga always get such a high seed? Last two years they have lost in the first round. They suck.
Gonzaga has always done well as a low seed...Once everyone recognizes them as a good team and gives them a decent seeding every year, they suck. Meh.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
living in spokane i know a little bit about gu, they are a good team in the regular season, and were first in the wcc. a few years ago they did good, i think they got to the elite 8, and have been consistantly in the sweet 16, but i think this years team and last years team are just not a good tournement team, every body knows they will choke, people just wont admit it.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Yeah, my final 4 is screwed up a bit...well...not badly. I had:

Kentucky
Illinois
Gonzaga
Duke

KU over Illinois in the Championship

So far only GU is gone...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My Final Four is still in tact, but I've lost three final 8. As of right now, I am still third in my office pool out of 96. :)

Go VERMONT! :D (gotta cheer for that New England team!)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
My Final 8 is:
Illinois
Arizona
Georgia Tech (DOH!)
Wake (DOH!)
UNC
UConn (DOH!)
Duke
Syracuse (DOH!)
Utah
Kentucky

Final 4 is:
Illinois
GT (DOH!)
UConn (DOH!)
Duke

UConn beats Illinois for the championship - (DOH!)
I'm suddenly very glad I didn't bet this year...