Quantcast

NE Bike Parks I Should Hit

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Definitely race Jiminy this weekend. It’s the only time the mountain is open from the too all year. And race the Enduro, so then you get to ride all the tracks (half of which i built 20 years ago). I don’t think a mini excavator has ever even been on that hill, just steep tracks built by racers!

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Looks like I'll be a thunder august 17/18 weekend. They're doing a ladies only skill clinic so my wife will be entertained the whole time.

Lelandjt

adorbs
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Definitely race Jiminy this weekend. It’s the only time the mountain is open from the too all year. And race the Enduro, so then you get to ride all the tracks (half of which i built 20 years ago). I don’t think a mini excavator has ever even been on that hill, just steep tracks built by racers!
Wow! Jiminy with thunder storms is a seriously steep, slippery track and this was my first DH race in 10 years. Riding in the wet isn't my forte but I switched to flats for the first time in nearly 20 years and threw down a conservative but clean run that was good enough to beat all the amateurs except two Junior Xs and placed me 8th in Pro. I wanted to race the enduro too and win the combined category but my new Ransom hasn't arrived yet and I didn't bring my old one.*
Nice work on the trails, that place was a really fun challenge.

*Any pullable strings BuckoW? Wade hasn't responded to my last email.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Wow! Jiminy with thunder storms is a seriously steep, slippery track and this was my first DH race in 10 years. Riding in the wet isn't my forte but I switched to flats for the first time in nearly 20 years and threw down a conservative but clean run that was good enough to beat all the amateurs except two Junior Xs and placed me 8th in Pro. I wanted to race the enduro too and win the combined category but my new Ransom hasn't arrived yet and I didn't bring my old one.*
Nice work on the trails, that place was a really fun challenge.

*Any pullable strings BuckoW? Wade hasn't responded to my last email.
I feel so validated. Glad you had fun. I told you it would rain!

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Anybody ever been to Holimont in NY? Buddy is heading there Friday or Saturday and I thought I may join him with the trailbike. The couple of vids I saw do not warrant the big bike. Nice thing is other than border, it is just over 3 hours drive time, so about the same as the remaining Ontario option, so day trippable.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Anybody ever been to Holimont in NY? Buddy is heading there Friday or Saturday and I thought I may join him with the trailbike. The couple of vids I saw do not warrant the big bike. Nice thing is other than border, it is just over 3 hours drive time, so about the same as the remaining Ontario option, so day trippable.
No but I rode to the top of it once, going into the forest on the back side.

It's not a huge hill and looked pretty mellow. The videos I've seen of the hill look like they'd be trail bike friendly.

The descent to the parking spot near the school, not far away, was pretty good.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Yep I went last year. It's pretty fun and definitely all rideable on a trail bike, I was riding my Trek Top Fuel. The one black diamond trail has a few rougher looking jumps / drops that I skipped with only 120mm travel though. But worth a trip for sure. Lots of good trail riding around there too.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Good Info in this thread...I spend a decent amount of time up that way and my top 3 are Thunder, Bolton, and Highland. Probably in that order...Very different places but I really enjoy all of them. Bolton isn't for you if you want manicured jump lines though...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Yep I went last year. It's pretty fun and definitely all rideable on a trail bike, I was riding my Trek Top Fuel. The one black diamond trail has a few rougher looking jumps / drops that I skipped with only 120mm travel though. But worth a trip for sure. Lots of good trail riding around there too.
Thank-you.

Trail bike it is. I was thinking of also taking the big bike. I had the CCDB fully rebuilt with new valve assemblies and the new thicker shaft. Was told my setting will no longer be accurate. I figured I could use a couple of runs to baseline the shock before August's Thunder trip. Ya, there is not enough there to wake up the DH bike even with an old, fat, broken pilot.

Should still be fun though.