NE Monkeyfest, July 25-28 2013

Will you be at Monkeyfest this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crombie1

Chimp
Aug 16, 2009
Ontario NY
I'll be there with mudgirl and three others but we'll be camping.

Who's up for drunken night laps on Burnham instead of the living room time trial this year?
I say drunken night laps then finishing with a living room trial..

Last edited:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
So, where are things T? Are we definitely booked for the lodge or do we have the lodge on standby while looking into other locations, per Randee's comment? As much as I like KT, I'm up for seeing more of what VT has to offer.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
So, where are things T? Are we definitely booked for the lodge or do we have the lodge on standby while looking into other locations, per Randee's comment? As much as I like KT, I'm up for seeing more of what VT has to offer.
Lodge is on hold, but I haven't paid yet. I am stalling & looking into other options. I am hoping to know more in the next week or two and will keep everyone posted!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Lodge is on hold, but I haven't paid yet. I am stalling & looking into other options. I am hoping to know more in the next week or two and will keep everyone posted!
Rode with Deyv and Isabel yesterday. It sounds like they'll be joining us again for MF! Not sure how much they visit RM these days, so let's try to keep them up to date with what's going on.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Sh!t, downgrade me to tentative. Vacation request conflict with another brewer. I may not know until the week before if the schedule can be reworked to allow both of us to be off. :mad:

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I just drove through the area today on my way back from a weekend in Montreal.
The weather is already looking pretty good.
The Trout River beer is still delicious in case you were worried.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Hi all! I've been lurking, as usual. I hope you are all doing well...

Tent List:
BadDNA
MudGRRL
Tent list? BadDNA/MudGRRL... are you at one of the campgrounds or has there been a change to the "no tents allowed rule"? Sorry if I'm just late to convo & missed something in the thread.

As usual, Mark & I will likely plan a weekend up to KT that corresponds with the Monkeyfestivities. I hope to see you all soon!

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
Forgot to update our status for MF... Sorry!

I just check the list and my name is still there, as of now, it's really not sure if we'll be their this year, our vacations start the W-E after MF. We're trying to find a way to make it...

@Treesaw: Send me a PM with your Email adress, I have infos you should have regarding the parking issue...

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Can monkeyfest weekend hurry up and get here?!?!? I'm in desperate need of a weekend away involving lots of bikes, beer, and bacon.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Tent list? BadDNA/MudGRRL... are you at one of the campgrounds or has there been a change to the "no tents allowed rule"? Sorry if I'm just late to convo & missed something in the thread.
!
We're staying up at the Burke campground. We have 3 friends from Ithaca joining us, and we weren't sure if there was going to be enough room for all of us at the lodge. We plan to come down and hang out and ride with everyone, though!

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
We're staying up at the Burke campground. We have 3 friends from Ithaca joining us, and we weren't sure if there was going to be enough room for all of us at the lodge. We plan to come down and hang out and ride with everyone, though!
Since there is still room in the lodge for us, we scrapped our camping plans, and we'll be staying at the lodge! Woot! :thumb:

Woody, add BadDNA, Mudgirl +3 dirty Ithaca hippies to the lodge list, please! (they're not really dirty... at least not that dirty) :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Okay primates! I have to send a deposit this week and full payment by June 10th so, it’s time to commit or eat sh*t so to speak :weee: Again, I am asking you all to bear with me on cost. I put down $100 as worst case scenario and am hoping it will be $75-85. I’ll know more as soon as I see a final list and plan the menu.
We are fine on having our usual people. Lodge info (check-in/out) will be forthcoming. We’ll need to park differently (and carpool if you can) but other than that we are looking good to continue our normal routine. The lodge will have several new improvements this year (new roof, new beds, new linens, etc.) and more to come. The new owners are REALLY willing to work with me to keep us as the “best tenants” so it’s on!!!!
On a personal note….Sq-Earl & I are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary a few days after monkeyfest and he just turned 40 :eek: in February so we should definitely do something to surprise him. I am hoping to have a new singlespeed for him so I may be calling in some assembly favors (to make sure I don’t screw it up) :D

Here is what I have so far:
Confirmed:
Iceball
JBP
Maddog
Sandrew
Tereesaw + Sq-Earl
w00dy
Bike Geek
cromby1
Greggah
D.2
Matt (D.2's friend)
Casey-Ryan
Doug Paris – I don’t know who this is????
BadDNA, Mudgirl +3 dirty Ithaca hippies
QuoFan & BigT

Questionables?
BikeGeek(?)
Melou & Yelo (?)
Crombiezombie (?)
Doug +1(?)
Insanitylevel9(?)
Splat +3 (?)

With those numbers:
confirmed only = 21;
confirmed + questionables = 29-32 (though Splat & family don’t usually stay at the lodge so = 28)

I’m booking it! Thursday – Sunday. I have requested early check-in and late check-out (‘cause I’m like that) so I am hoping Thursday @1pm – Sunday @3pm but I will let you know for sure!
Also, we’re in for a Thursday pre-KT ride on some of the awesome trails VT has to offer so we will likely arrive a little later…after 4pm?

Count Down to Monkeyfest = 56 days!!!

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Have we made any progress on figuring out the parking situation?
I've been talking with the owners and I think we'll be okay with cars if a few are able to carpool. We will need to keep on their property so it's likely that we'll need to park vertifally against the "wall of windows". With the current confirmed list (below) I think we'll have between 12-15 cars so I am optomistic that we can fit!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I think if we all 'nose in' against that wall we should fit. We might need to put a couple in the back behind the deck too though.
We can't park on the grass off the deck (maybe 1 car) because they only own 15 feet off the deck, but I think if we "nose in" we can also park a few straight behind in the actual driveway space.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
We can't park on the grass off the deck (maybe 1 car) because they only own 15 feet off the deck, but I think if we "nose in" we can also park a few straight behind in the actual driveway space.
If you know what they own, I'll bring a tape measure and marking paint. We'll know exactly where we can park. :)

Last edited: