NE Monkeyfest, July 25-28 2013

Will you be at Monkeyfest this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Does anyone have another place they are posting pics/videos aside from Facebook? I'm particularly interested in any taken on Kitchel and at the bike park.
Typically a "splat took a lot of pictures at Monkeyfest" thread gets started in the ride reports section. Others then post up the pics/vids they took as well. Just looks like no one has gotten around to starting it yet.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Thank you TreeSaw and Squirrel for making this yet another amazing Monkeyfest! So much fun, I still can't wipe the smile off my face ;). Does anyone have another place they are posting pics/videos aside from Facebook? I'm particularly interested in any taken on Kitchel and at the bike park.

And Greggah - you're definitely loved :) - so are your sandwiches!
It was my pleasure! Glad you had fun.

Sq-Earl & I were abducted by some crazy-fast Canadians on Sunday and given the full tour of East Hereford before they treated us to some delicious beers, food and excellent company so we just got home last night :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Posting in this thread for some current feedback. I'm heading up to KT this weekend with my trail bike and some XC riding friends, are the trails in the bike park rideable as long as I take my full face?

DH parks (MCBP,Platty etc) I'm normally on my DH bike and wearing armour, leatt etc.

Last edited:

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
Posting in this thread for some current feedback. I'm heading up to KT this weekend with my trail bike and some XC riding friends, are the trails in the bike park rideable as long as I take my full face?

DH parks (MCBP,Platty etc) I'm normally on my DH bike and wearing armour, leatt etc.

Absolutely all of it.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Absolutely all of it.
:stupid:

All of the lift access trails are ride-able with a trail bike. Some people ride them with a normal helmet but I'd recommend a full face because you can get moving pretty good down those.

Also just to warn you that Knight Slayer is a fairly difficult trail so if you've never done 6ft high table tops then you or your friends might want to think twice before hitting it. All of them are roll-able but just a bit of a shock if you're not expecting it.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Was there a Deyv appearance? I always wanted to ride with that dude. Monkeyfest always looks like a cool time... my girlfriend of the past 5 or so years is from upstate NY, and went to college in Ithaca. She keeps telling me she'd like to take me back there so her and I could ride, she thinks I'd dig it. She didn't ride back then, but does now. So yeah... mehbeh one of these years I'll make it out. Especially seeing that there are East Coast DH monkeys hitting the bike parks and whatnot—maybe I'll coerce the Colorado Lounge Contingent (which is pretty much me, Stoney, and Nick right? Also Squeeb and skystealth I think actually...) to make the journey. :thumb:

EDIT: Also SkaredShtls, but that dirty hippy doesn't count.

Allergic to bacon...
Oh noes!

Does anyone have another place they are posting pics/videos aside from Facebook?
Yeah! It would be cool to see some pics!

Typically a "splat took a lot of pictures at Monkeyfest" thread gets started in the ride reports section. Others then post up the pics/vids they took as well. Just looks like no one has gotten around to starting it yet.
Ah ha... noted.

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

I've ridden it all on my XC hardtail and XC helmet. This time, my 575 (though I did have it locked into propedal and 100mm fork for much of the day) and XC helmet.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
I was hoping to relive Monkeyfest vicariously through all of you during my lunch break but I can't seem to find any pictures... is there no picture flood thread this year or am I just looking in the wrong place?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Yeah, usually Splat or someone creates the Monkeyfest picture flood thread but no one did this year. Splat put up a bunch of pics on FB so check there.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
There is not a group of which I am aware. Some subset of the :monkey:s are interconnected by FB friendship - keeping track of names on RM vs FB can be terminally confusing.
Does someone need to create a secret RM group on FB that lists both RM w/ real names so we can keep everyone straight? :think: