NE Monkeyfest, July 25-28 2013

Will you be at Monkeyfest this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Lodge (793 Vermont Route 114, East Burke, VT) available starting 3:00 PM Thursday the 25th.

Lodge List:
Iceball
JBP
Maddog (hoddog?)
Sandrew
Tereesaw + Sq-Earl
w00dy
Bike Geek
cromby1
Greggah
D.2
Matt (D.2's friend)
Casey-Ryan
Doug Paris
BadDNA, Mudgirl +3 dirty Ithaca hippies

Total: 18-ish
Please let me know if I should add a +1 or delete anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I pine for an earlier monkefiescht. I won't be able to attend later in the year, so I need my KT fix early. I can find time May, June, July, and possibly early august.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
I pine for an earlier monkefiescht. I won't be able to attend later in the year, so I need my KT fix early. I can find time May, June, July, and possibly early august.
I vote for July or August. June is too topsy turvy for me to plan anything that month right now, and May would just be un-ideal....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I agree...skipping any event will free up the trails, and the last couple of years, they've been mad busy yo. Dang kweebeckyans cloggin up my webs.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Phil's going to be the one to pleasure Officer Funsponge and keep him off our back? Not sure why you'd want to call dibs on that Phil, but thanks!
Hey now... that was Constable Funsponge. Need to make sure you address him correctly to not get his socks/sandals in a bunch.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
The lodge is available. However, the cost is now a bit more as the lodge is under new ownership. I am talking with the new owners to see if they will meet me in the middle of our usual cost vs. the new cost. Honestly, I think they are asking too much for a weekday rental and will know more in the coming week or two. It's their first time with a rental property and they would like to keep us as we came highly recommended by the former owners. Chances are, cost will be slightly higher than previous years and I wanted everyone to know that up front so they can plan accordingly. I would guess that it will be about $100 per person with lodging and food (hopefully less, but that's a good baseline to plan for).

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
$100 ain't bad for a weekend of lodging and good food. I would think most people would still be up for it at that price. We spend way more than that in just gas getting up there and beer for the weekend. :D

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think that's fine, but I'm open to other venues as well. There's bound to be somebody around who is happy to indulge...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC and I will most likely stay at the inn if we attend, but $100 a person sounds reasonable to me if I were to stay at the Monkeylodge. I do think there might be nicer options at that price. The one time we rented a condo because the lodge double booked, that place was freakin sweeeeeet, and I don't remember it being all that expensive. However, that was for a smaller fall Monkeyfest crowd (20 people?). I don't know how practical or comfortable a condo rental would be with 50 or so folks attending. The lodge is just so darn easy, convenient, and roomy.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That's definitely true, but if we come out en force we could always get two neighboring condos and just intermingle. Having my own bed vs. natty _____-stained mattress wouldn't be terribley either. Plus more bathrooms...

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
I'm with Sandwich. I'm willing to pay $100 for the lodge, but I'm willing to explore other options, as well, if we're getting up to a price range where we can find something nicer for a similar price. I am willing to pay a bit more for condos. I can't speak for everyone else, though. Even $150 is still cheaper than you can find just one hotel room for one night, for a lot of places, and that doesn't even include food. I'm not going to complain about $100 for two-four nights of lodging and food included.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Don't forget to carpool this year, there is not a lot of parking available. :think: