Quantcast

Nearest shuttle service?

llaskin

Chimp
Feb 7, 2004
I'm new to Northern California (San Francisco) and was wondering where the nearest mountain bike ride would be with shuttle service at this time of year (Jan)? Obviously the ski resorts are out but there has to be some bike shop somewhere that runs a van up some mountain through the winter? Perhaps So Cal? I’ll drive anywhere for some shuttle runs, even another state.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
llaskin said:
I'm new to Northern California (San Francisco) and was wondering where the nearest mountain bike ride would be with shuttle service at this time of year (Jan)? Obviously the ski resorts are out but there has to be some bike shop somewhere that runs a van up some mountain through the winter? Perhaps So Cal? I’ll drive anywhere for some shuttle runs, even another state.
Bootleg Canyon.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I am serious about Bootleg Canyon in Las Vegas being the closest shuttle which is open during the winter.

Places like Packer Saddle in Downieville and Northstar are above 7000 feet, so both are under 100 feet of snow until June.

If you wanted some legal downhill runs, I recommend Pacifica or Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland. It is a very doable climb in both places.

you can almost always find people shuttling Auburn Ravine on any weekend.
Post up a thread here a few days in advance if you want to come up and I'm sure you can hook into a few people going or willing to go. I know sometimes there's just two of us looking to find a third to do shuttles.