Quantcast

Need 8" Hayes Adapter for Sunday! Help!

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
I just put a new 888 and Roco on my bike and neglected to notice that my brake adapter, the one I thought came off my old Marzocchi Drop Off that used the same mount, would work but it won't.

If anyone has a Hayes 74-25 mount (international standard to 8" rotor) I will pick it up from you and give you cold hard cash for it. I'm going to be at the Shed on Sunday, and maybe in Frederick in general on Saturday.

PLEASE HELP !! I WANT TO RIDE MY BIKE WITH SHINY NEW SUSPENSION !!

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
Called Germantown and they're all out.

There's another shop in Frederick that just opened, called something I can't remember, but they sell Konas. If I knew their number or name I'd give them a call next.

The bike shop you speak of is called Bicycle Fix, or just FIX. They sell Kona, Giant, Bianchi, Waterford. Very cool shop, stocks a fair ammount of DH/FR stuff. Stop by on your way the the Shed. It's off of RT 85, next to Champion Billards. Plus there's a Chipolte near by.

KD1569
Cyclist

PS
After I type this I'm gonna go sift through my parts bins and look for the adapter. PM on the way.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
KD1569 said:
The bike shop you speak of is called Bicycle Fix, or just FIX. They sell Kona, Giant, Bianchi, Waterford. Very cool shop, stocks a fair ammount of DH/FR stuff. Stop by on your way the the Shed. It's off of RT 85, next to Champion Billards. Plus there's a Chipolte near by.

KD1569
Cyclist

PS
After I type this I'm gonna go sift through my parts bins and look for the adapter. PM on the way.
Yup...in the Westview Shopping Center near the movie theater. Ask for Dave there as he's a knowledgeable guy, a good mechanic and a local DHer.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I've got a spare adapter to go from 6" to 8" so if you can only fine the 6" ISO to 74mm post mount, you can use that adapter I have.

Actually I just thought about something, is the front ISO adapater the same as the rear ISO? If it is, then I have one. I took it off when I put the floater on the rear.

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
Took me a while but I finally found the website of that new shop in Frederick. Gave them a ring and ordered the part, plus have a loaner adapter waiting for me.

Right on. So I'm still good for Sunday shed, hooray!

oldskoolbiker said:
Actually I just thought about something, is the front ISO adapater the same as the rear ISO? If it is, then I have one. I took it off when I put the floater on the rear.

I think you are correct, same hole pattern/spacing, just inverted. Pi...part will be ordered Mon. (you just missed the last order cutoff...but u can use the loaner till it comes in) will be in early to mid-week.

KD1569
Cyclist

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
Sounds good.

I couldn't believe Performance's level of d*ckheadedness today. With 4 bikes on the floor with the correct brake mount, 2 of the bikes being 2004 models they've yet to move, they wouldn't loan me or sell me the mount for the weekend. Definitely the WalMart of bike shops. I won't be spending any more cash there considering I've spent thousands there in the last couple months and they act like they don't know me.

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
Bad news.....

I just tried a rear 8" adapter and it won't work on the front. It's close but not close enough. So I'll definitely need an actual front adapter from a 888, part 74-25. Turns out the rear is a 74-23 which is too narrow and offset a bit weird. Was worth a try though.

So yeah, KD definitely dig up your 888 mount and we'll be good to go.

EDIT: Just saw your PM. Will be up there around 10am!