Quantcast

Need a cheap DJ bike

Blown04GT

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Raleigh, NC
New or used doesn't matter. I was on a 20" but want to try out the 26" world. I'm 6'3 and I just don't feel that stable on a 20 anymore. What brands should I look at for trails only, no street or park. I need to find one around $500-$600 but I could go a little more if I needed to. Just not sure where to start looking. thanks.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
New or used doesn't matter. I was on a 20" but want to try out the 26" world. I'm 6'3 and I just don't feel that stable on a 20 anymore. What brands should I look at for trails only, no street or park. I need to find one around $500-$600 but I could go a little more if I needed to. Just not sure where to start looking. thanks.
Higher Priced Completes
* Blackmarket RIOT or 357
* Eastern Thunderbird or Nighttrain (Nighttrain is better b/c of Rock Shox Argyle Fork. Avoid RST Space fork)
* Giant STP
* Specialized P1, P2

Medium Price / Medium Quality
* DK Asterik (Comes with Marzocchi DJ 3, a good fork)
* Mongoose Ritual (comes with RST Space, better than random xc fork, but DJ responsiveness not so great)
* Haro Thread series

Blown04GT

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Raleigh, NC
thanks for the awesome reply!

I saw they've got the three57's on ebay for cheap, but I wanted a large black one and they're sold out. the wife's pissed at me right now about trying to get another bike so they might sell out before I convince her to let me get one. lol

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Ebay/craigslist/forums is your best bet!

I got my near-mint condition Giant STP for 450 shipped on MTBR!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
try to get used, you can get a way better than new bike, second hand. if i were to sell my hardtail (which i am not) it would sell for a grand or less, i payed 2500. used bikes are generally your friend, especially built up from the ground.